Rescue Pt 3

Numerous footsteps and hoove steps pound the ground. Nervous hearts spike with every step to escape the rest of Stavros' men.

Even though Ismene can protect them, Briseis prays that Takashi doesn't get involved. He can't get over his trauma if it repeats. 

"I don't want you to fight again. Just fly if things get worse", Briseis urges.

"I made you a promise and I'm not backing down from it, Hikari!"

He's surprised he called Briseis by his sister's name. He shakes it off. "I won't let them hurt you."

Ismene sees the coastline and finds docks near a small harbor, but no ships are present. They proceed to ride down with Paris having his bow and arrow ready just in case. Helen and Ismene do the same thing.

They heard a horn from behind them and it isn't from Paris.

A girl falls over and Takashi grabs her in time. "You're safe. You're safe", before handing her to another Trojan.

Ismene hands Avgi over to Briseis while Aristedes and his men approach them from behind.

"You won't get away again, Troy!", the furious voice yells at them.

"Get them to the coast! We will hold them back!", Paris directs Helen.

"I won't let you do that!"

Paris gives her a passionate kiss before he turns around. Taki and Ismene join him as they get off their horses. Another horn is heard coming from the west and this throws everyone but Aristedes' men off guard.

"You will die today, foreigner! You are surrounded!", before firing an arrow from his crossbow.

"Stop!"

Taki destroys the arrow and rushes forward to take him out. Before he can get there, he hears marching?

He and Ismene see an army of armored men coming from the west end and fear the worst. It can't be a legion of demigods.

The physically fit leader of the army is in front riding a boulder sized boar while wielding a spear in one hand and a large shield in the other. The long red plume of his helmet bounces. He stops his ride which stops his battalion. They felt this energy before, but it's more potent. Taki remembers reading something from his wife's paper based on the description. 

The God of War, Ares, is here.

"Ismene! Switch!"

"Taki, don't do it!

He throws on his wings. "I will keep time paused as long as I can so you can take care of them!"

Emerald aura travels around his arms and legs, refusing to let the deity harm any of the Trojans. He flies towards him with his sword ready.

The God of War thrusts his spear into the ground and time resumes. Aristedes notices a change in the position of the foreigner and the water nymph. Fiery red aura ignites that makes everyone's heart skip a beat.

Ismene stops her attack. Did he come to enslave them or wipe them out? Helen couldn't speak to get them to move.

The weight of Ares' aura force Takashi to land. His body quivers as he struggles against the intense gravity of the war deity.

"Taki, you can't win! Run away!", Briseis cries out.

A hint of a vengeful black intwines with green.  "ARES! I WON'T LET YOU HURT THEM!"

"Aim!", Ares speaks with a gruff voice while raising his hand. His soldiers prepare their spears and arrows for their intended targets. He lowers his hand. All of their projectiles fire off!

Taki grips his sword and throws it as a spear. Ares' simple parry of his shield deflects it. A crimson wisp holds him in place.

The mortal's eyes well up that he couldn't protect an extension of his family. He was about to cry until-