A Divine Meeting

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Taki shoots up from his sleeping bag. He opens his tent to find Artemis and Echo stumbling under the star lit sky. He grabs his sword---

Sniffling.

The sound came from Heracles' hut. He lowers his sword, understanding what it's like to have sleepless nights like that.

Artemis knocks on his door. "Brother, are you okay?"

"I will be fine. Did I wake you?", he speaks quickly.

"Everyone was already up. Do you want to talk to me about it?" Heracles' silence doesn't offend her. "Get back in bed and try to close your eyes", she gently suggests.

Echo plays a lullaby on her flute......Light snoring relieves her as she settles into her tent. I should play a song for Michaelis' funeral. Something that would fit him as a person. Kind and gentle.....

Takashi's alarm goes off. He smacks his cheeks to wake himself up. Nov 8th is what he reads on his watch. 17 days before Thanksgiving. He vows to work his ass off everyday.

He opens his tent flap to find Echo stirring up while Heracles opens his door. Artemis throws something to Taki that he catches with his left hand. A golden pastry. The sweet smell of honey enters his nostrils.

A bite makes him shimmy his shoulders. "Delicious! Did you make this?"

"Hestia made them when I was there."

The nymph raises her hand. "I want one too!" Her eyes light up from the bite. "Hestia is the best chef!"

Artemis offers one to Heracles, but he declines. Artemis wolfs down her portion. While licking the crumbs off her lips.... "Taki, I just sent letters to Galen and Daedalus about what you need. My dogs should reach Daedalus shortly and I sent a bird to Ithaca as well."

"That's great. Hopefully, I will have cool fingers. Maybe metal?", he thinks with a hand under his chin.

Artemis likes that he's back to his normal self. Weird, but normal nonetheless.

"Right now, let's show Heracles what else you can do."

"Right.  You saw me rewind and stop time."

"I also saw you slow down time. I noticed that while I was hunting before we met", he points out.

After demonstrating, fast forward and slow.....

"That is impressive. Whose son are you again?"

"I'm the son of Kronos."

Heracles scratches his head.

"Kronos is Zeus' father, which would make me in some weird way, you and Artemis' uncle", he explains.

Heracles blinks multiple times. "Uncle? At what age?"

"I will be 30 on my birthday next month. How old are you?"

"43."

"That is really strange. Among other things."

"Why haven't I met you before?"

Taki takes his time explaining his world and how he came to be here.

"That almost explains everything. So my grandpa got your mother pregnant and that is how we are connected. I also have an aunt named Hikari, but she doesn't have any powers."

"I was surprised to find out he was my dad, but I've grown to accept it. It's easier that way. I'm not sure why dad gave me his powers, but I'm glad Hikari isn't here in my place."