Chapter 5

Author
Tomioka was gone once again, since he had to go hunting with other alphas. It is part of his job as leader after all, while Tanjiro was with Shinobu. "Kocho-san, may you go to the riverbank with me? I need to wash laundry, and Tomioka-san told me I couldn't go alone." Tanjiro told Shinobu, and she nodded. "Sure, but you do know that you're an omega. That means alphas could help you, since a lot of them like you." Shinobu told him, as they walked back to Tanjiro's home. "That doesn't matter. I can't just rely on someone forever on everything. If there are things I could do by myself, I will do it. If there are things where I need help then I'll ask, but only people who are like family or friends. I don't want to bother someone and take control over them, because of my status or anything like that." Tanjiro told her, while being serious about it. "You truly are such a kind, yet an odd omega." Shinobu told him while smiling, which made him blush with embarrassment.

Once Tanjiro had the laundry basket, they headed to the riverbank. "I'm so happy that Tomioka-san is allowing me to go out more, and isn't so overprotective." Tanjiro told Shinobu while smiling, which made her giggle. "Why? Did you dislike not doing anything like the rest of the omegas, and being treated like gods or goddesses?" Shinobu jokingly told him while already knowing the answer Tanjiro would say. This made Tanjiro puff his cheeks, while glaring at her. "Cute." Shinobu thought to herself, while trying to hold in her laughter from seeing Tanjiro's angry pout.

She never felt so happy ever since her older sister died, by an alpha. She always hated alphas ever since, and never accepted herself as an alpha, but at least she wasn't alone, since she has Kanao. She treats Kanao as her own little sister, since that's what her older sister would want for them. Kanao always goes hunting with the rest of the alphas to get food and ingredients for Shinobu's medicines, even though Kanao is a beta and was more difficult for her to hunt. So, Shinobu was happy that Tanjiro became part of her life. She saw him as a little brother who she needed to protect, just like how it is with Kanao. That's why she never hesitated to be by Tanjiro's side when he asked for her.

While Tanjiro was washing clothes, and blankets, Shinobu could see alphas watching with curiosity and amazement. They were amused that an omega was actually doing work and not asking for an alpha or beta's help. No omega laid hands on any time of work. They were just lazy and slutty. "Tanjiro, do you remember what your animal form is or not yet." Shinobu asked him, while glaring at the alphas as a threat and warning, which was there only and final warning. The alphas looked away while being scared, because Shinobu might be a beta, but she was as strong as an alpha. "Um...nope...n-not yet." Tanjiro mumbled nervously. "I see." Shinobu told him, while watching him work. "Anyways how is your relationship with Giyuu going? Is he treating you well?" Shinobu asked him while smirking. She was teasing him a little, which made Tanjiro blush. "I don't know what you mean by that." Tanjiro mumbled while trying to ignore her. "Oh yes you do." She told him, while poking his cheek. "Um...will, he is very kind and caring. I like being around him a lot. He makes me feel safe and like if I don't need to worry about a thing." Tanjiro mumbled, while not knowing what he's feeling. Shinobu gasped at this knowing what this meant. "You love him, but you want to deny it." Shinobu told him while smiling. "Eh! R-Really?!" Tanjiro asked her while he became as red as a tomato, as he dropped the blankets he had on his hands. He was frozen in place, while still in shock. He fell in love with Giyuu without knowing it. Giyuu was his first crush, and this made him become a nerve wreck. He never loved someone before until now, so what is he supposed to do? Is what he wondered, while he started panicking a little. "Tanjiro, calm down. Giyuu already likes you and you know it, but now you need to tell him how you feel about him." Shinobu told him while trying to comfort him. "Y-Yeah you're right. I just need to stay calm and think about how I will tell him." Tanjiro told her as he started calming down. Tanjiro decided that he would take slow steps on confessing his love for Giyuu, and building up a relationship with him.

After Tanjiro finished washing the laundry, they went back to Tanjiro's home. Shinobu was helping Tanjiro by folding the laundry, while Tanjiro was cooking. "Tanjiro, I'm home!" Giyuu yelled happily, but then his happiness faded away when he saw Shinobu. "Why are you here?" Giyuu asked Shinubo, while glaring at her. "Just helping Tanjiro out. Why? Are you jealous or something?" Shinobu asked mockingly. Giyuu just rolled his eyes, while not saying anything. "Anyways, could you leave already, and stop folding the laundry. I don't want your scent all over the laundry and my home." Giyuu simply told her, before going to the small dining room where Tanjiro would most likely be.

When Tanjiro saw Giyuu he became nervous. "H-Hey G...I mean Tomioka-san. The food is ready." Tanjiro told him while smiling, which made Giyuu's tail start wagging a little. He realized the tiny mistake Tanjiro did, which was to almost call him by his first name. This made him really, because it meant Tanjiro was starting to see him as someone special.

All of sudden the scent of stress and nervousness hit his nose. Did something happen while he was gone? "Tanjiro are you alright? You smell stressed and nervous." Giyuu told him while being worried. "Y-Yeah totally fine. I'm just...a little tired. That's all." Tanjiro told him while trying to hide his uneasiness. "Oh okay." Giyuu told him while still sounding worried, and not believing a word Tanjiro said, but decided to not push further into the subject.

Cliff Hanger