Chapter 28

Four weeks later

Author
Tanjiro was able to go outside and do whatever he used to do after a couple of days of resting. Giyuu also returned to doing his tasks as a leader, when Tanjiro was fully recovered. The tasks became easier, and he was now able to get more time with Tanjiro and his pup.

Tanjiro is washing the laundry right now in the river, while Kanao is helping him by taking care of his baby. "Tanjiro, your body hasn't changed a bit, upset for your chest. You still look so skinny." Kanao told him while smiling. "You think so? It's probably because I never laid in bed when I was pregnant, even though Giyuu tried to make me stay in bed." Tanjiro told her while he finished washing. "Maybe...Anyways, that basket seems a little too full. It's probably heavy, so you shouldn't carry it. Remember, Shinubo said that you still had to take it easy." Kanao told him, but then all of a sudden a lot of alphas that were nearby, started offering help. "I-It's fine. I don't need help." Tanjiro told them while smiling awkwardly, but then Kyojuro walked towards him, before turning to the crowd with a glare. This scared the alphas a little bit, so they decided to leave. "Are you two alright? They seemed like they were bothering you." Kyojuro told them while smiling. "Yeah, we're okay. It's just that they wanted to help Tanjiro by carrying this basket, since it's too heavy for Tanjiro to carry right now." Kanao explained to him. "I said it's fine. I could do it by myself." Tanjiro said while pouting. "Tanjiro, you should take care of yourself more and let others help you once in a while." Kyojuro told him, before lifting the basket. "Fine." Tanjiro sighed in defeat, while Kanao passed his pup back to him.

When they got back to Tanjiro's home, they were greeted by Giyuu. Kyojuro knew what that meant so he put the basket on the floor, next to the door where Giyuu was. He said his good-byes, before leaving. Kanao also said good-bye before leaving. "Tanjiro, I want to talk to you about something." Giyuu told Tanjiro while picking the basket up. "Oh okay." Tanjiro told him while smiling.

"I was thinking...maybe we should go to the City of Beasts again. I want Urokodaki to train you, so you could defend yourself and our pup when no one's around to protect you." Giyuu explained with honesty from feeling worried, after they went inside their home, to the living room. "Oh I would be so happy too, because I've also been thinking about this for a while." Tanjiro told him while sounding excited. "I'm glad to hear that." Giyuu told him before kissing him on the lips. "Anyways, are you hungry?" Giyuu asked Tanjiro, as he rested his forehead on Tanjiro's. Before Tanjiro could answer, he could feel his child pawing on his clothes. "*Chuckles* I wasn't asking you." Giyuu told his pup while smiling, which made Tanjiro giggle. "I'll be in the bedroom feeding him, and I would be happy to eat whatever I cook." Tanjiro told him while smiling.

Giyuu was still getting used to the nice life he's gotten. He had everything he's dream of, or maybe even better. He was just so happy to have Tanjiro by his side, and his pup, Kaito. It felt so unreal to him. He also still remembers the reason why Tanjiro named their pup Kaito.

Flashback

Tanjiro was massaging Giyuu's shoulders, since he felt so sore from fighting, and laying in bed for two weeks because he went into a coma. "Tanjiro, did you think of a name for our pup?" Giyuu asked with curiosity, while being a little sad that he wasn't able to think of names with Tanjiro for their pup. "Um...actually I thought of one, but I wanted you to be awake so you could give your opinion about it. I want to name him Kaito, because his blue eyes reminded me so much of the ocean, and the name Kaito means ocean. Do you like it?" Tanjiro told him while smiling, which made Giyuu super happy, because Tanjiro still didn't name them since he wanted him to be there to witness it. Giyuu thought about the name and even murmured it a couple of times, before nodding with satisfaction. "Yes, that's a wonderful name Tanjiro. Our pup from now on will be called Kaito." Giyuu told him while smiling, as he stared at his pup who was sleeping in his small, crib basket.

End of Flashback

Anyways, Kyojuro has started trying to flirt a little bit with Tanjiro, but Tanjiro didn't think much of it for being oblivious. Of course this didn't anger Kyojuro, instead it made him more determined, because he thought of it as something adorable. Sometimes Tanjiro would blush to his advances, which Kyojuro took as a good sign. He was also very careful to not make Tanjiro uncomfortable by this. Kyojuro tries to be as simple and easy as possible, while hoping that at least Tanjiro understood a little bit about what he was doing.

Tanjiro actually started realizing Kyojuro's advances, and didn't know what to think about it. One, he felt a little bit weird and confused, and second, he felt a little bit happy. He didn't know what to think about these mixed emotions. Was he betraying his love for Giyuu? But he didn't feel any different towards him. This was also normal in this world. But what if Giyuu gets mad at him for basically lying to him that he would never love anyone else? There were so many questions that he has, and so many emotions that he's been feeling that he felt like he was drowning, because of this. After all, Giyuu and Kyojuro don't really seem to be getting along very well, mostly Giyuu. He always seems like he's about to kill or fight Kyojuro at any second. He just hopes that this doesn't lead to anything bad, because he's had enough problems when Li Wei was around. "Speaking of her. Where is she now? Will she never bother anyone again?" Tanjiro thought to himself while he was happily eating.

Cliff Hanger