Chapter 36

Author
While they were having fun in the lake, they started getting hungry. Tanjiro walked out to get the watermelon, but then he found out that he forgot to pack a knife to cut the watermelon with. "That's odd...I thought I put a knife in the bag. Now how are we supposed to cut the watermelon so we could eat it." Tanjiro thought to himself, not realizing that this was Giyuu's doing. "Oh, I know. I could break it with my forehead." Tanjiro murmured, which was loud enough for Giyuu to listen. "No! I...I mean, how about you crush it with your thighs instead, since they're so strong. You'll probably be able to break it without hurting yourself." Giyuu told him while smiling. "Hm? Okay!" Tanjiro told him while being innocently brightful as ever, not realizing or suspecting Giyuu's true intentions. Tanjiro sat down on the towel, where Kaito was taking a nap, before putting the watermelon between his thighs. Giyuu and Kyojuro watched intensely from the excitement, while not realizing that other alphas were also watching. Tanjiro started squeezing as hard as possible around the watermelon as he let out small grunts, which made Giyuu and Kyojuro start blushing from thinking wrong.

Once a few seconds passed, the watermelon sort of exploded on Tanjiro's legs from the strong pressure. Giyuu and Kyojuro stared hungrily at Tanjiro's legs where the watermelon exploded, while getting a nose bleed. A lot of alphas stare with amazement, while also staring hungrily at Tanjiro. "There, but it sort of made a mess." Tanjiro told them while smiling, as Giyuu and Kyojuro wiped their blood off their nose. Giyuu walked towards Tanjiro, before moving the watermelon away. Tanjiro was confused by this, but then he let out a surprised yelp when he felt Giyuu lick his leg. Giyuu started cleaning Tanjiro's legs from the small pieces of watermelon and juice. Tanjiro started trembling a little bit, while feeling very embarrassed. He could feel everyone watching so intensely. It wasn't something weird or unnormal to watch an alpha and omega doing stuff that are meant for privacy in front of everyone, but alphas and betas were staring at how adorable Tanjiro's reactions are, while omegas and some betas stare with anger and jealousy. Giyuu saw Kyojuro's face full of jealousy and anger, so he gave him a smug look. As if to say he won this round of competition between them. Tanjiro pushed Giyuu off, while not making eye contact with anyone. "I-I could clean myself up." Tanjiro told him while being all flustered and shy about it, before he left to get wet in the lake to wash off.

"You did that on purpose!" Kyojuro yelled with anger, once he knew Tanjiro was far enough to not hear them. "So?" Giyuu simply told him while he started eating. He looked so relaxed about it, as if nothing happened. This irritated Kyojuro so much, but then he calmed down remembering that Kaito was asleep. "Tanjiro would never forgive me if his pup started crying or something like that because of me." Kyojuro thought to himself, before he sat down. "I'm back." Tanjiro told them, while seeming more relaxed now. "I'm glad your back Tanjiro." Kyojuro told him while smiling, before pulling him to sit on his lap. This made Tanjiro all embarrassed again as he started blushing, while Giyuu glared at Kyojuro with annoyance. "Seriously, what's going on in their heads right now?" Tanjiro thought to himself, as he felt the intense tension between Giyuu and Kyojuro. "That's enough for you two! You're scaring Kaito! This is supposed to be a fun day, not some competition!" Tanjiro yelled at them with frustration, after he heard Kaito start whimpering with fear as he moved around a bit. This surprised the two, but accepted defeat. "Yes Tanjiro." They both mumbled while they started feeling ashamed of themselves for acting more like children than adults. "Good." Tanjiro told them while smiling, as he got off of Kyojuro, which made Kyojuro a little bit sad. Tanjiro then sat next to the both of them, so neither of them would get jealous or angry that one was getting more attention from him. This seemed to work, since they both seemed happy and calm.

"This was fun. Upset for the part where you two started competing against each other, and being all jealous of one another. You two seriously acted like children. Even Kaito acts more mature than the two of you combined." Tanjiro told them, as they started walking home. "Yeah, and we're sorry about that." Giyuu and Kyojuro said in unison, while feeling bad about it and embarrassed. "Even though Giyuu started it..." Kyojuro murmured to himself so Tanjiro wouldn't hear.

The Next Day

Tanjiro
"Okay, today is the day I meet Kyojuro's family. There's nothing to worry about." I thought to himself, while being nervous. "I wish Giyuu was here to help me calm down. He always is so gentle and carrying when I need him the most, but things would probably just end up bad if he tagged along. It was also hard to convince him to stay." I thought to myself while feeling my heart start beating faster from the huge amount of anxiety I was all of a sudden getting. Kyojuro was walking next to me as we held hands, while we were going to his house. I also had to leave Kaito with Giyuu, since it was for the best. I didn't want him to annoy anyone from Kyojuro's family or for him to start complaining, which might just cause a bunch of trouble. He could also end up leaving a bad impression in front of Kyojuro's family, which I didn't want, but I did felt really bad because he looked so sad. I was also staying for a whole week to get to know the Rengoku family better.

Kyojuro
I held onto Tanjiro's hand tighter, but not to hurt him or anything like that. It was to comfort him, which seemed to work since he got closer to me. "Everything will be fine Tanjiro. I promise." I told him while smiling. "Yeah, you're right. I mean seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen?" Tanjiro told him while feeling more confident about this family meeting.

Author
What they both didn't know was that the family meeting would end up horribly wrong.

Cliff Hanger