Chapter 24

Author
"Tanjiro, Kanao will be taking care of you. Urokodaki wanted to, but he's quiet busy. Is that fine with you?" Giyuu told Tanjiro, while he was eating. "Sure, I don't mind. At least I might be able to learn more about her, and maybe even become friends." Tanjiro told him while smiling. "I'm glad to hear that. I was actually quiet nervous and worried that you might not want her, but then again you aren't like other omegas." He told Tanjiro while smiling. "Jeez, it's like you don't love me enough to remember how I am." Tanjiro teasingly told Giyuu while pouting. "Eh?! That's not true at all! I'm just not used to having such a kind mate, since those type mostly don't existed!" Giyuu told him while trying to defend himself as he sounded panicked, but Tanjiro just giggled at this. "I'm just missing with you, Giyuu." Tanjiro told him while smiling, before flicking Giyuu's forehead with his finger. "Tch." Is the only thing Tanjiro heard from Giyuu, as Giyuu looked the other way, while crossing his arms. Tanjiro could see that Giyuu was blushing, so he finally understood why he looked away. Tanjiro leaned his body on Giyuu, before laying his head on Giyuu's shoulder. "I'm sorry Giyuu. I didn't mean to make you feel bad." Tanjiro told him while wrapping his arms around Giyuu's arm, before kissing him in the cheek. This took Giyuu by surprise, but Tanjiro could tell that Giyuu was happy, because his tail immediately started wagging with joy. Giyuu pulled Tanjiro onto his laps, before wrapping his arms around Tanjiro's waist. This took Tanjiro by surprise at first, but then he just smiled as he got comfortable in his mate's arms. Giyuu laid his head on Tanjiro's shoulder, while Tanjiro was rubbing his hand on Giyuu's cheek. "Tanjiro, what do you think the baby might be?" Giyuu asked with curiosity. "Hm? Oh will...maybe a...beta girl, but I would love them no matter how they're born." He told Giyuu, while thinking hard about it. "Why the sudden question?" Tanjiro asked him while being confused. "Oh, I was curious." Giyuu simply told him while smiling.

Tanjiro
It was the next day, and the day Kanao would start taking care of me. I was quite nervous since we've never talked before even though we saw each other a lot of the times when I went to visit Kocho-san. "Do I really have to go? Can't I just be with you or can't you just come with me everywhere?" Giyuu asked, which made me giggle. "You're so childish. You know you can't ignore your responsibilities as leader forever." I told him while petting his head. "Fine." He sighed in defeat, and then we both heard a knock at the front door. "Oh that must be Kanao." I thought to myself while I went to open the door. "Welcome Kanao. Please come in and make yourself at home." I told her while smiling, and she just nodded. She seemed to be trying to be polite, but looked awkward about it. "Will I better get going, then." Giyuu grumbled while sounding tired already.

It felt so awkward when Giyuu left, since we were just quietly sitting on some cushions. She seemed also uncomfortable by this. I see her pull out a gold coin, before she starts playing with it. "Is that what she uses as a fidget toy?" I thought to myself while being curious. "Um...Kanao is that coin special to you?" I asked her while pointing at the coin, as I tried to make up a conversation. I see her flip the coin before catching it. I was confused by this, but then I was surprised when she started talking to me. "Yes. I use this to make decisions. Shinubo's older sister, Kanae, gave this to me as gift, since I don't know how to make decisions for myself." She told me quietly. "Oh may I try?" I asked her and she seemed surprised by this, but then she just nodded. She handed it to me, before I stood up. "Okay, if I get heads then you'll start making your own without flipping this coin." I told her while smiling, before throwing it in the air. For some odd reason, the window suddenly opened, and air gushed in. I was surprised by this, since I lost sight of the coin.

Kanao (16 years old)
When I felt the gush of air come inside, I felt...relaxed. Almost at peace, and this feeling was so familiar for some odd reason.

All of a sudden, I remembered Kanae when she gave me the coin.

"All right, when you are on your own, you can decide by flipping this coin. Right, Kanao? As long as it's given a chance, a person's soul will open up, so don't worry. When you fall in love with someone someday, you'll change too, Kanao."

"Oh, I found it! Here it comes!" I heard Tanjiro yell with excitement, before he caught it

"Oh, I found it! Here it comes!" I heard Tanjiro yell with excitement, before he caught it. "Eh, look. I caught it." Tanjiro told me while smiling pridely. "It's heads! That means you will no longer let this coin decide for you. From now on you'll make your own decisions." Tanjiro told me happily, before handing it back to me in a gentle, caring manner. "Oh, you must be hungry?! Jeez, I'm so embarrassed for not offering before. I'll be right back." He told me before leaving. I felt at peace. Something I haven't had in a long time.

Tanjiro
"Hopefully she starts talking more, because I want to know more about her and hang out with her more. I really want to become friends with her." I thought to myself while smiling, because I felt like we had some process. "I hope I'm not wrong, and that our process continues to grow." I thought to myself while happily cooking.

"Shinubo talks a lot about you. She even told me that she thinks of you as a little brother. Also, thank you for being with Shinubo. It seems like she's become more happy." Kanao told me while gently smiling a little bit, after I came with the food. I also dropped the food from being off guard. "You don't need to thank me for anything, because I don't think I did anything." I told her politely, while putting the food on the dining table. "Anyways, let's dine in!" I told her, and she seemed surprised by my sudden actions. "Must've been distracted." I thought to myself, simply.

Cliff Hanger