Chapter 29

The Next Day

Tanjiro
"I'm sorry Tanjiro, but Kanao can't hang out with you for today. It seems like she caught a small cold." Shinubo told me, which worried me. "It's fine. I don't mind, but is she okay?" I told her while being worried about Kanao's health. "Yeah, it seems like she wasn't affected too much. She just seems to be feeling a little tired. That's all." Shinubo explained to me, and I sighed from relief. "I'm glad to hear that. Welp, I better stay at home for today then." I told her while smiling. "*Giggles* Okay. Also, you look really nice in that outfit." She told me while smiling. "Thank you. I got it as a gift from Makomo when she was leaving." I told her, while she was looking at my outfit.

As I was walking home, I was greeted by Rengoku-san

As I was walking home, I was greeted by Rengoku-san. He seemed like he was helping some young lady with building or fixing something. "Hey Rengoku-san. What are you doing?" I told him while smiling. "I'm just helping this young lady by fixing their small shop stand." Rengoku-san told me while smiling. "Oh that's so nice of you." I told him as he got off the roof. "I'm actually almost done with this. So, why aren't you with Kanao?" He told me as he was wiping his sweat off. "Will, she got a small cold. Shinubo said that Kanao felt tired, so that it was better for Kanao to rest." I explained to Rengoku-san, as I felt Kaito start moving around in my arms. "Really? Did you have plans of going somewhere, before you knew Kanao was sick?" Rengoku-san told me while sounding a little happy. "Uh yeah. I was planning to go get some fruit and fish. Shinubo told me it's good for Kaito right now that I'm breastfeeding him, but now I'm probably just gonna stay at home, and wait to tell Giyuu about it." I explained to him and he seemed to blush a little from what I told him, which confused me. "If you want, after I finish fixing this shop stand, I could go with you that way you don't wait all day." He told me while sounding a little nervous and excited. "Sure! If you don't mind." I told him, and he seemed really happy about this.

I was sitting under a tree in the shade for a while, but then Rengoku-san finally finished. He was really quick at it, which was amazing. "Okay, let's go." He told me while smiling.

The water felt nice and refreshing when I entered. I just had my feet in, while I was sitting on the surface, as I was carrying Kaito. Rengoku-san was the one catching the fish, since he didn't want me to get hurt. It was quite hilarious how protective he could be, but something within me felt really happy by this.

"Rengoku-san, I think that's enough fish!" I yelled out and he looked at the basket, before he immediately started apologizing. The basket was so full that some fish were falling off. "It's fine Rengoku-san." I told him while smiling. "Anyways, we should hurry and get some fruit, because it'll be dark soon." I told him as I stood up.

Kyojuro
"Jeez, how could I embarrass myself like that in front of Tanjiro. He probably thinks of me as a fool now." I thought to myself while we were looking for fruit. "Oh look Rengoku-san! There's apples, and pears." Tanjiro told me while smiling. It was so cute how excited he could get for the simplest of things.

All of a sudden, I started blushing like crazy when I saw Tanjiro trying to reach the pears, because he would jump a little to try to get the pear. This made Tanjiro's chest start bouncing a little, while his pup was sitting in the empty basket where the fruit would be going. "*Clears throat* Tanjiro let me help with getting the pears, and apples." I told him while I tried to hide my blush. "It's fine. I've done this before when I lived with my family." He told me, before he started climbing the tree. "Uh that seems dangerous." I told him while feeling worried. "Don't worry too much Rengoku-san. This isn't the first time that I did this before." He told me while I kept my guard up to catch him just in case he falls. "Your mother is something else." I told Tanjiro's pup, and he just let out what seemed to be like a bark. It sounded more like a squeaky mouse or something, but whatever. "Rengoku-san, could you catch these and put them in the basket!" Tanjiro yelled, and I nodded. He started throwing them one by one, as I catched them. "Kaito, don't you dare try to get out of that basket!" Tanjiro yelled at his pup with a serious voice, which almost made me drop the pears from being surprised. I see the pup pout, before sitting down. I put the pears next to the basket Tanjiro's pup was in, since I couldn't put them inside the basket right now.

Author
"Now that I think about it. I got a very perfect view of Tanjiro's ass." Kyojuro thought to himself, not realizing that the pup was glaring at him. The pup sneaked out of the basket, and got near Kyojuro's leg before biting it. "Ow!" Kyojuro yelled from being surprised that something bit him. He looked at his leg and saw a little puppy clinging onto his leg, while growling. "Kaito, what are you doing?! Don't do that! I'm so sorry Rengoku-san for what Kaito did! He never acted this way before towards anyone!" Tanjiro yelled while leaning a little too much to the edge of the tree, as Kyojuro pulled the pup off his leg.

When Tanjiro was about to try to get off the tree, he heard the branch he was sitting on start cracking, before...SNAP!

Cliff Hanger