Chapter 70

Tanjiro
"Muichiro seems very tired. I wonder why." I thought to myself while we were talking, as I was making lunch for everyone. We were the only ones in the kitchen, while Giyuu was in the bedroom with Kaito. He was trying to make Kaito call him dad, but it hasn't worked so far. Of course he would come check up on us every five minutes. Also, Kyojuro gone because he's helping Shinubo with finding some medical herbs that she needed. "Muichiro did something happen?" I asked him while being a little worried, since he sort of started tilting side to side. "Hm? Oh yeah, I just haven't been able to sleep well these couple of days that's all, but I'll be fine." He told me, while making it sound like if this was something normal. "Muichiro that isn't good for your health." I told him, while holding his hand, but he just smiled at me as a way to try to reassure me that he's okay. I didn't believe him though, since I could see the eye bags that are barely visible.

Muichiro
"I can't tell Tanjiro that I've been having those type of dreams about him." I thought to myself, but then I felt Tanjiro tug my arm and start taking me somewhere. I was confused by this, but when he took me to the living room, he let go of me and sat down on the couch. "You could lay your head here." He told me while smiling as he patted his lap. I started blushing in embarrassment, while trying to deny such a lovely offer, but...I couldn't. He looked way too cute, so I gulped down my nerves, before slowly laying down my body on the couch and my head on his lap. I froze in place when I felt a hand petting me on the head. I couldn't help but close my eyes and smile at the nice, warm touch.

Tanjiro
It hasn't even passed two minutes, when Muichiro dozed off into slumber. "He must've been tired. We also might be here for a while, so it's a good thing that I turned off the fire." I thought to myself while smiling, as I started humming a random tune. "Giyuu, will probably not be happy about this though." I thought to myself, and speaking of the devil, here he comes. I see Giyuu's eye twitch as a vain popped on his head, before looking at me with a smile on his face, which was honestly terrifying. "Are you serious right now? I take my eyes off you for a few minutes and this happens." He told him while sounding like he was holding back his anger. "I'm sorry, okay. He had problems with sleeping and I decided to help him." I tell him and he just rolled his eyes at me. "How about once we're alone, we could cuddle or do anything you want." I suggested to him while smiling. "Anything?" He asked me and I nodded while being confused by the sudden change of mood. "Okay, but you better remember what you said and not regret it." He told me which got me even more confused, but also concerned for myself about what thoughts might be going on inside his head. "Anyways, is the food ready? Kaito is hungry." Giyuu told me while changing the topic and mood. "I almost finished, but that's when I worried about Muichiro's health. Sorry about that, but I'll get back at it in a few minutes." I told him and he just smiled at me. "It's fine Tanjiro, so don't worry about it. I'll finish the rest of the cooking." He told me which made me so happy at how kind he was being. I mean you usually see the top partner of the relationship always complain for food and not do anything, so for me, I felt really lucky right now. "Thank you." I told him and he just gave me a small nod, before walking to the kitchen.

"Food is ready." Giyuu told me after half an hour passed. "Okay, I'll be right there." I told him, before he went to go get Kaito. "Muichiro, it's time to wake up." I gently told him, as I moved a strand of his hair away from his face. "Five...more minutes." He sheepishly mumbled, as he wrapped his arms around my waist and moved his face closer to my stomach, which made me giggle. "Mama." I hear Kaito whine for attention, while struggling in Giyuu's hold. "I'm going." I told him, before carefully moving out of Muichiro's hold and off the couch. I put a pillow for Muichiro to hug, before grabbing Kaito. "Are you hungry?" I told him and he nodded, before cheering to get food. I could hear Giyuu chuckle at this, which made me smile. "Alright, calm down." I told Kaito while he looked excited to eat, as we entered the kitchen "Giyuu, do you know when Kyojuro will return?" I asked him while I sat Kaito on his kid stool. "Sort of. He didn't tell me, but when I used to go with Shinubo it always took almost until it became dark outside. You were lucky when you first went with her, because she cares a lot about you, but for us it's a different story." Giyuu explained to me. "Oh I see. Then I better save something for him to eat once he gets home." I told him, but then we froze in place when we saw all the food gone. I see Kaito burp, while his belly was very round. "Oh no...he's getting the bad habits of Inosuke. This isn't good." Giyuu mumbled in horror, while I just nodded in agreement from being in shock to form any words. "Poor Kyojuro. Now what will he eat?" I thought to myself with pity for Kyojuro, since he probably hasn't eaten anything since this morning. "Seems like Kyojuro and you are going hunting tomorrow, since I'll have to cook the food that Kyojuro brings today from his hunt." I told Giyuu, while picking up the empty plates from the table. "Oh it won't be just the two of us. Kaito will also tag along. After all, he's the one who caused this." Giyuu told me, and this made Kaito start complaining that he didn't want to go.

Cliff Hanger