Chapter 37

Author
When Kyojuro takes Tanjiro to his home, they are greeted by a small beta boy that looks a lot like Kyojuro. His name is Senjuro who is Kyojuro's younger brother. As soon as Tanjirou sees the pup, he knows he needs attention and love. The omega can't help it, he loves children, he always feels an inevitable urge to protect and take care of them and Senjuro Rengoku is not an exception. Kyojuro could tell how much Senjuro wanted physical affection from Tanjiro, but Senjuro was too shy to ask.

Tanjiro was roaming around the Rengoku household, while Kyojuro went to pay his respects to his mother like he always did. He could already tell that the Rengoku household was a little more well built and fancy than normal homes from the wolf tribe and city.

Tanjiro finds Senjuro in the kitchen, trying to make simple cooked fish for dinner for everyone, so Tanjirou volunteers to help him. Even though Senjuro insists he's a guest and shouldn't be helping with those things, he agrees eventually.

"Senjuro..."

"Yes, Tanjiro?"

"Will it be okay if I hug you?"

The beta boy freezes and Tanjirou fears that he just crossed an invisible line he shouldn't have crossed, but then, with tears in his eyes, the pup nods and jumps into Tanjirou's welcoming arms. "You remind me of my mom." Senjuro confesses in a whisper, burying his face in Tanjirou's chest.

"Was she an omega too?"

"Yes... But it's not that... It's just... She was kind too." Senjuro stammers before bursting into tears. Tanjirou lets him cry in his arms, stroking his back and kissing the top of his head every now and then until he falls asleep.

"Could you please take him to his room while I make dinner, Kyojuro?" Tanjiro told Kyojuro when he saw him walk in the kitchen with them. With a slight blush spreading over his cheeks, the alpha nods before carrying Senjuro in his arms.

Tanjiro is carefully chopping the onions when another alpha walks into the kitchen.

"Senjuro is not your pup."

"I know." Tanjirou mumbles, looking back at Shinjuro, Kyojuro's father. He was holding a big bottle of Sake, while glaring at Tanjiro. "I guess alcohol exists in this world, but they probably call it something else." Tanjiro thought to himself, since he knew what Sake smelled like. He only knew the smell, because it was very popular where he lived before he died. Also, Tanjiro only knew Shinjuro, because of how Kyojuro described his father and what his father's name was, but this was his first time meeting Shinjuro. "But I still want to take care of him." Tanjiro simply said. The older alpha mumbles something about Ruka, Kyojuro's mother, before taking a step closer to Tanjiro.

All of a sudden Tanjiro was blocked from Shinjuro by Kyojuro. "Father, you should go rest until dinner is ready." Kyojuro told him, while he seemed to be holding in his anger. Shinjuro didn't say a thing, and looked in the direction where Tanjiro was, before leaving. Kyojuro, sighed from relief and started questioning if Tanjiro was alright, while seeming very worried and panicked. "I'm fine Kyojuro. We were just talking." Tanjiro told him while smiling, as he hugged Kyojuro so he would relax. "Yeah, doubt that's the only thing he was thinking about." Kyojuro thought to himself while feeling doubtful about his father. "Um...maybe...it's better if you go home. O-Only if you feel uncomfortable or something. Just tell me and I'll take you back." Kyojuro told him to be as kind as possible, but Tanjiro didn't seem to get the hint of the situation. "It's fine. I want to hang out with Senjuro more. He seems like a really good kid that looks up to his big brother." Tanjiro told him while petting Kyojuro's head, which made an invisible arrow of affection and love strike Kyojuro in his heart. If he one day was gonna die it would probably be by Tanjiro's doing from how kind and adorable he is. Kyojuro sighed in defeat knowing that he wouldn't be able to change Tanjiro's mind to make him leave. "I'll just have to stay very close to Tanjiro and let no opening for father to do something stupid." Kyojuro thought to himself, while they separated from the hug. He already felt like he was regretting bringing Tanjiro, but then again Tanjiro and Senjuro seemed to start at a good start.

"Now that I think about it more...Does Senjuro look at Tanjiro as a mother more than a guest or a friend?" Kyojuro thought to himself while Tanjiro was cooking, as Kyojuro waited patiently.

"I mean he's always so shy, and he doesn't talk to strangers or guests much. He also doesn't really express himself or show his true emotions. He always tries to stay quiet, while standing around the corner when father is around. That's why I'm so surprised that he was hugging Tanjiro while crying before falling asleep." Kyojuro was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that Tanjiro was trying to catch his attention by calling out to him. "Kyojuro!" Tanjiro yelled near Kyojuro's ear which took him by surprise, as he fell off from the chair. "S-Sorry. A-Are you okay?" Tanjiro stammered quickly, since he was really expecting for Kyojuro to fall. He thought Kyojuro would just flinch or jump a little, but not fall. "I-It's fine. It was my fault since I was so zoned out." Kyojuro told him, as he rubbed his head while he stood up. "Anyways what happened?" Kyojuro told him while smiling, once he was standing infront of Tanjiro. "I was gonna tell you that dinner is ready." Tanjiro told him while smiling awkwardly from the incident that just occurred. "Oh okay. Let's go check if Senjuro is awake. I bet he'll love your cooking." Kyojuro told him while smiling.

"Senjuro, come and eat dinner!" Tanjiro happily told him, when he walked into Senjuro's room, while Kyojuro followed behind Tanjiro. Senjuro barely seemed like he woke up, but once he was fully awake he felt so embarrassed and started apologizing immediately. This confused Tanjiro and Kyojuro on why he was all of a sudden apologizing. "I can't believe I let a guest make dinner while I was asleep. I'm so sorry Tanjiro." Senjuro said while panicking, as he was blushing a very deep red. It reminded Tanjiro and Kyojuro of a tomato. "It's fine Senjuro, so don't be embarrassed. I didn't mind at all. I promise. Just come and eat. I bet you'll like the food." Tanjiro told him while smiling, as he patted Senjuro's head, which confused him. "What did Tanjiro mean by you'll like the food? Isn't it usually the same? Just some cooked fish, raw meat, some fruit, and vegetables." He thought to himself, and Tanjiro laughed a little from how confused Senjuro looked.

Cliff Hanger