Chapter 8

Giyuu
"So tell me how did you kill the boar?" I asked Tanjiro, as he was combing my hair. "Oh...will I dodge its attack, and he got distracted from crashing into a tree. I took that opportunity to jump on the boar, and slice its neck to instantly kill it." Tanjiro explained to me, which sounded very interesting. "Where did you learn all of these skills?" I asked him while being more intrigued. "Um...will, I used to live on the mountains with my family, so we all had to learn these simple skills. I decided to mostly learn them, since our dad died when we were young, and because I was the older sibling in my family." He explained to me while smiling.

The Next Day

Tanjiro
When I woke up, I felt really weird. I also didn't see Giyuu anywhere, which made me feel lonely for some odd reason. "Giyuu always leaves me alone for a while, so I should be used to it by now. So, why am I feeling like this." I thought to myself, while feeling hot.

All of a sudden I get clothes, blankets, and pillows, before throwing them on the bed. I started building something without knowing what it is. "At least we need one more day before leaving for the festival." I thought to myself while smiling.

When I finished building, it looked sort of like a nest. A very comfortable one. I immediately went in, but something felt like it was missing. There was one more thing I needed, but what.

Giyuu
I get back home early, because there wasn't a lot of animals to hunt for.

When I walked in my house, the smell of heat was coming from inside. It was very strong and sweet.

Then my ears twitched as my tail wagged at the realization that Tanjiro was going into heat. I walk into our room where he probably was, and I see a nest on our bed. The sweet scent of heat also hit me very strongly. "I should probably prepare his meals. I should also make sure that nobody can break in here." I thought to myself while becoming calm, since I was used to omegas' heat scent, but none of them are sweet and intoxicating like Tanjiro's.

When I was about to leave, I saw Tanjiro's head pop out, while his face was flushed. He stared at me blankly for a few seconds, before smiling. "Hey Giyuu, you came home early." He told me while sounding sleepy, which made me chuckle. "Yeah, there weren't a lot of animals to hunt for. Are you hungry? Do you want something else for your nest?" I told him while smiling, so he wouldn't feel alarmed or in danger. "Hm...yeah! I want peaches. Oh, also some meat, and fish! I also want something that smells like you. Could I also have some water?" Tanjiro started rambling which was adorable, that it even made me chuckle. "Alright. Also, your nest looks very lovely." I told him, and he seemed very happy with what I told him. "I'm glad you like it." He told me, while fidgeting from being flustered. "Anyways, I'll be right back. You just rest. After all, you need it." I told him and he nodded, before going back to his nest.

I went to get the things that he wanted, while smiling. "He acts so adorable when he's nesting." I thought to myself while feeling really happy.

After I came back to the room, Tanjiro popped his head out again. "Mhm the food smells good." He told me while looking excited. I put the food near his reach, before he took the food with him in his nest. "Thank you, Giyuu!" I heard him yell happily, which made me laugh a little. I grab my hair tie and undone it, before leaving it near the entrance of Tanjiro's nest. "Tanjiro, I left my hair tie near the entrance of your nest, since that's what smells the most like me." I told him, before I saw his small hand pop out of the nest entrance. I see his hand moving around, before he finds my hair tie. He got my hair tie, before his hand disappeared back into his nest. "Giyuu, could you stay here with me." I hear Tanjiro asked me, while sounding shy. "Of course." I told him while smiling from happiness. "He wants my presence. He wants me to be by his side during his heat." I thought to myself, while being filled with joy. I sat on the floor, next to his nest, knowing that there was no space for me. At least not yet.

Until he asked me to go inside his nest, I was not allowed to go in. You always need permission from the omega who's nesting during their heat, before going in their nest.

I could hear small, faint snores coming from the nest. "He fell asleep." I thought to myself, but then my ears twitched and my tail fur stood up, as I heard someone trying to break in.

I immediately went towards the door, before positioning myself in a fighting stance, as I let out a growl of warning. They seem to have understood the message, since they stopped.

"Giyuu?!" I hear Tanjiro's voice sound panicked. I quickly go back to the room, before holding his hand that was out of his nest. "It's okay Tanjiro. I'm here. I won't leave you." I whispered in a calm voice that way he could relax. It seemed to work, but then I saw his face pop out. "Is he checking that I'm not lying and that it's actually me?" I thought to myself with wonder and confusion, but then I became surprised when he started rubbing his cheek on my wrist. "He's scenting me." I thought to myself happily, while my tail starts wagging. "Tanjiro, may I scent you as will?" I asked him, which made him stop scenting. He seemed to be thinking about it, before he nodded, which made me happy.

Cliff Hanger