Chapter 20

The Next Day

Tanjiro
When I woke up, Giyuu wasn't here, but then I heard sounds in the kitchen. I went to check out what it was, and when I walked in I wasn't expecting to see Giyuu in his wolf form. He was rolling around on the ground, which made me laugh a little bit at how silly and adorable he looked while doing this. "Is he rubbing his scent or something?" I thought to myself while smiling. "I guess Rengoku-san's scent rubbed off when he came over." I mumbled before I left back to our room, so I could change into some new pair of clothes.

"Are you done scenting your territory?" I told him jokingly, once I came back after I finished changing. He just shook his head before going back at it again. I let out a giggle at his childish behavior, before going back to finish the surprise. I was actually almost done with it. I just needed to finish one more thing, and I think with Giyuu being distracted I could finish this right now.

Giyuu
As I kept rolling around on where that alpha scent was, I heard Tanjiro call out my name from the bedroom. I transformed back, before going to check on what he needed. I see him blushing a little while smiling nervously, as he held a big blanket in front of me. "What is this?" I asked him while being confused. "It's a surprise I made for you. Unwrap it and you might know what the surprise is about." He mumbled which got me even more confused. I sat down on the bed, before he sat next to me. He smelled anxious but also excited.

When I unwrapped the blanket, there were a lot of baby things that were hand made inside a small handmade crib. "Baby clothes in the form of a wolf. Wolf plushie, and a Tanuki plushie. Baby rattle in the form of a deer. Baby shoes in the form of whales..."

Then that's when it hit me

Then that's when it hit me. "No...way. We're gonna be...parents?" I told him while being surprised. He slowly nodded, which made me so happy and excited. "I'm gonna be a dad! Oh my god, I didn't know that this day would come by so soon!" I yelled with joy while spinning him around in the room, by holding him up from the waist. I hear him laugh happily at this. "I'm glad you like the surprise." He told me while smiling. "Like it? I love it!" I told him while smiling. "We need to tell the whole tribe about this." I told him while putting him down.

Tanjiro
"I'm so glad to see Giyuu so happy about this." I thought to myself while smiling warmly at this.

Giyuu was carrying me bridal style, before calling out to everyone from the tribe. He put me down more gently than before. The whole tribe immediately came to our home while being confused. "Today is a great day, because my omega is carrying my pup. This means that the Tomioka generation is still continuing, and I'm really excited to be a father because this little one shows the love me and my beloved omega have!" He announced while holding my hand. Everyone seemed surprised by this, but then they started cheerfully applauding. "Congratulations Leader!" They yelled happily. "We should celebrate this! Tomorrow, how about it?" Kocho-san yelled with joy. "Yeah!" Everyone yelled happily. I could feel Giyuu's hand on my belly, while his scent gave off happiness.

I see Giyuu writing a letter for probably Urokodaki, Sabito, and Makomo about coming by tomorrow for the party. "Wait...is that why you let me leave most of the time, while you stayed home?" He asked me and I nodded. "Yeah. You know it was quite hard doing this surprise. Mostly because when I felt like throwing up and stuff like that." I explained to him while smiling, before he pulled me to sit on his lap. I felt him lay his head on my shoulder, while he wrapped his arms around my tummy. "I still can't believe all of this. It feels like a dream that I wish to never wake up from." He muffled out, while I got comfortable in his arms.

It was the next day, and the people were getting ready for the party. I accidentally bump into someone and I realized that it was Rengoku-san. "Oh sorry about that Tanjiro. I was a little distracted. Also, congrats with the baby." Rengoku-san told me while smiling. He looked like he hadn't slept all night. "Tanjiro!" I hear Giyuu call out to me. "Oh, I have to go now. See you later." I told Rengoku-san while smiling, before I went to Giyuu.

Kyojuro (20 years old)
"*Sigh* At this point he'll never accept me as his second mate." I thought to myself while feeling really tired. It was always hard for an omega to accept you, and it becomes even harder when the omega is already forming a family with their alpha, or alphas.

All of a sudden I see someone looking at Tanjiro. I thought it was another alpha who wanted him as their mate, but their scent was off. "He smelled like he already has a mate, but he also smelled dangerous." I thought to myself. "I better keep an eye on him." I thought to myself while staying close, but unnoticed.

Tanjiro
It was almost night time, and it was fun parting with everyone. Urokodaki sounded like he was crying under his mask, but from joy. Sabito kept annoying Giyuu, while Makomo was talking with me. "Anyways, how did you know that you're pregnant? Did you go to a doctor from the City of Beasts without telling anyone about it? Cause I know I didn't check you." Kocho-san all of a sudden appeared, before she told me. "Ah jeez, you took me by surprise Kocho-san, but I knew by myself about me being pregnant. You see, I have a very great sense of smell." I explained while smiling shyly.

Cliff Hanger