Chapter 47

Author
"I'm sorry about him. He didn't mean it." Tanjiro apologized to Kyojuro, who just smiled at him without a care in the world. "Yes I did." Tanjiro hears Giyuu mumble while he was pouting, and while Kyojuro stuck his tongue out at Giyuu from also probably hearing what he said. Tanjiro just ignored this, as he rolled his eyes at this. His two partners are truly childish. Sometimes he already feels like he is taking care of three kids instead of one. Tanjiro leaves his two alphas alone in the room, since they started arguing, while Tanjiro became annoyed by this. He went to check up on Kaito, and saw him sitting in a corner. He was gently pawing the floor, while whimpering as he had his ears down. "Kaito, come here. Your not in trouble anymore, since I think you finally learned your lesson." Tanjiro told him, while smiling as he kneeled down in front of Kaito with his arms open. Kaito happily ran towards his mother's welcoming arms, while being full of energy again.

After a month, they finally returned back to the wolf tribe. Also, Shinjuro was also starting to become a better person, but his sons didn't fully forgive him, mostly Kyojuro. Shinubo immediately left the same day they returned, once she asked for Giyuu's permission. "I wonder what's been going on. She's been acting strange lately." Kanao told Tanjiro the same day Shinubo left, while she was moving in as a guest for a little while. Giyuu was the one who offered for her to stay for a while, since it would be easier to keep an eye on her and so she wouldn't be lonely. But Tanjiro told Kanao to not think too much about what Shinubo's been up to lately, since it was probably nothing serious. He doubted his own words from being worried about what might happen to Shinubo, but he didn't allow it.

Tanjiro and Kanao were in the kitchen, cooking some food, while Kaito was sitting next to his mother's leg. He kept looking around while looking serious, which made Tanjiro and Kanao think that it was cute how Kaito tried to act like a tough bodyguard. They were cooking dinner, while Giyuu and Kyojuro were gone to go with the other alphas for hunting. "It's so weird not going hunting with the other alphas, and I feel like I'm doing a horrible job by helping you cook." Kanao told Tanjiro shyly, but Tanjiro just smiled at this. "You shouldn't worry so much." Tanjiro simply told her, before petting her head. This made Kanao blush, but not say anything. "A-Anyways, why hasn't Kaito turned into his human form yet?" Kanao asked as she tried to ignore the attention she was getting from Tanjiro. "Hm? Oh I actually don't know? Giyuu told me that he might be a late bloomer. I was gonna ask Shinubo if she could do a checkup on Kaito, but since she had to leave I decided not to bother her." Tanjiro explained to her, while getting back to cooking. Kanao looked down at Kaito who was starting to doze off. "Tanjiro, Kaito seems sleepy." Kanao told him and Tanjiro immediately turned his attention towards Kaito who was now asleep, while leaning on his mother's leg. Tanjiro gently picked Kaito as to not startle him or wake him up, before looking at Kanao. "Don't worry I'll take care of the cooking, since we're basically already finished." Kanao told him with sincerity, and Tanjiro thanked her before leaving towards his bedroom.

While Tanjiro was in the room with Kaito, Giyuu and Kyojuro came back, after some time hunting. They both looked like a mess, and this surprised Kanao, since she never liked them before. "Um...welcome back. Tanjiro is in the bedroom with Kaito." Kanao quietly told them. Giyuu nodded as a thanks, before Kyojuro started arguing with him again. "Seems Tanjiro doesn't just have his hands full with Kaito, but with Giyuu and Kyojuro." Kanao thought to herself, while smiling a little bit. "But I wonder what happened during the hunt." Kanao thought to herself with curiosity. "What's with all the ruckus?! Kaito will wake up, and I barely was able to put him to sleep soundly!" Tanjiro thought to himself while being annoyed. He got off the bed, before getting out of the bedroom. Then that's when he saw Kyojuro and Giyuu arguing, and looked all beat up. He felt a vein pop out of his forehead from being annoyed, as he tried to get their attention to calm them down and make them shut up. He just smiled, while not noticing a scared Kanao watching, before punching both of them on the head. Giyuu and Kyojuro were rubbing their heads from the pain, but before they could complain they saw the source, which made them feel fear buildup in them. Their omega was very mad right now, and had a dark aura around him. He was smiling, while having his arms crossed, as a very visible vein was on his head. A sleepy Kaito walked next to his mother's leg, as he let out a small yawn, before he blinked a couple of times. He looked at his mother, and then at his father and Kyojuro, before he kept staring at them back and forward. His father and Kyojuro were bowing down, while apologizing, as his mother looked very pissed, and Kanao looked like she saw a ghost. He shook his head in shame to his father and Kyojuro, and both men saw this, which made them feel flabbergasted. "Mommy mad...I better dip." Is the only thing he thought about, while having a blank expression, before going back to the bedroom to sleep. Tanjiro didn't even seem to notice that his son was there for a few minutes from how mad and disappointed he was at his mates. "Note: Never anger Tanjiro unless you're seeking death." Kanao thought to herself, before going back to the kitchen to not see what Tanjiro will do to his alphas. All she knew was to not interfere.

Cliff Hanger