Chapter 49

Tanjiro
"I'm quite surprised that your father and Kyojuro are getting along so well after these past four weeks. I guess their agreement is working, because even though they've seen each other when I'm with one of them they don't try to fight or murder each other anymore. They just act calm, but they still glare at each other once in a while...Eh, who cares. Nothing can be perfect anyways. What do you think Kaito?" I told Kaito while smiling, as I sip some of my tea. Kaito just barked in agreement, as he watched his father and Kyojuro train. He looked very amazed by this, which made giggle from being amused at his cute reactions. We were sitting under, while watching Giyuu and Kyojuro. Kanao went hunting today, since she told me that she missed it and asked for Giyuu's permission. We're also in the same forest that Kanao went hunting in. I started looking at the blue sky and white clouds, while thinking when would Shinubo return since it's already been a while, and because Kanao misses her. I heard Kaito barking, while his scent gave off happiness. I look up to see Giyuu beat Kyojuro. He was standing with so much pride, and Kyojuro was on the floor, while looking very tired. "Seems like your father won this time. Isn't your father amazingly strong?" I told Kaito while smiling, and he nodded very happily. He also seemed very proud of his father. "I think that's enough for today!" I yelled to get their attention. "Agree." They both sighed while sounding exhausted. I walked towards them before passing them a cup of water for each of them. "Thank you Tanjiro." They told me while sounding grateful, before they started chugging the water like they haven't drank in days. "Slow down will ya." I told them, while being worried. They seemed to notice this, since they apologized, before taking their time drinking their water.

All of a sudden, while I was chatting with Giyuu and Kyojuro, we heard rustling in the bushes. Giyuu and Kyojuro stand infront of me and Kaito, while growling as a warning to not come any closer or else. "W-Wait..." I told them as I smelled a very familiar scent. "Can you two idiots not be so god dang annoying all the time." We heard Shinubo's voice, before she walked out. She had a few scratches and bruises, as if she got into a fight to the death. "S-Shinubo, are you okay? What happened?" I asked her while panicking, as I run up to her. "I'm fine, promise." She told me while smiling, before hugging me. "Anyways, where's Kanao? I thought I left her to your care." Shinubo told Giyuu in a demanding voice, after she let go of me. "Don't worry so much. She just went hunting in this forest. That's why we're here. She also knows our location, and Tanjiro could easily find her with his strong sense of smell." Giyuu told her and she seemed annoyed by this, but then we heard Kanao's voice yell out to us. Will to be more specific, it was to Shinubo. She ran towards before hugging her, they both seemed very happy to see each other. "I missed you so much, but what happened to you while you were gone, Shinubo?" Kanao asked while being worried. "Oh nothing that you should worry about." She told her, while petting her head. "I don't think Giyuu believes it, since his scent smells like his is doubtful and worried about what Shinubo is telling us." I thought to myself, while staring at Giyuu. "Shinubo do you want anything to eat?" I asked her, and she nodded. "Yeah, I've hadn't had something good to eat for a while." She told and I nodded. "If you wnat while I'm cooking you could take a bath. Kanao could probably bring you some clothes, and I'll wash them later." I told her as we started walking home. "Oh, thank you Tanjiro, but you don't have to do that." She told me, but I shook my head in disagreement. "No, it's fine I promise. I'm actually happy to help." I told her and I could hear Giyuu grumble in annoyance, which made me giggle.

"So tell me, what actually happened Shinubo. I know you're hiding something from us." Giyuu told her, as he was outside from the batheroom and watching, that no one was eavesdropping in their conversation. "*Sigh* Fine, just because I can't hide it forever. I found the person who killed my sister, so I went after him to kill him." She told him with a serious voice. "You know your sister wouldn't want this. Didn't you tell that her final wish was for you and Kanao to be happy and safe. She also told you to not look for revenge. I know your angry for losing someone and I know how it feels, but I would not risk myself to break the promise of my dying sister." Giyuu explained to her with all honesty. "Anyways, what happened? Did you kill him or did he escape?" Giyuu asked her. "He...escaped. I wasn't strong enough to defeat him." Shinubo lightly told him from feeling ashamed for some odd reason. "I see. Will you better think about things through better or else you might end up dead for taking so many risks. You might also put the people you care about most in danger, so you better consider and think about everything I told today. Anyways, Kanao left your clothes on the small counter that's next to the door." Giyuu told her before walking away. Shinubo knew Giyuu was right, but she couldn't think of what do anymore. It's like she's drowning from trying to pick the best decision. She ended up deciding that Kanao is her bigger priority, and that she would forget about the whole revenge thing, but she didn't know that the same guy that she tried to kill became intrigued and in love with her. This would also cause problems later on.

Cliff Hanger