Chapter 7

3 weeks later

Author
Giyuu and Tanjiro started becoming closer as a couple, and they were taking their relationship slowly. They were living happily together, and they were getting prepared for their trip to the City of Beasts. "Just two more days, before we leave." Tanjiro thought to himself with excitement. Giyuu had to go to a meeting with all the alphas and betas to choose someone to be in charge of the tribe while he's gone, so Tanjiro and the other omegas were alone.

Once Tanjiro finished cleaning, he decided to go to the guy from the clothes shop, but then he remembered that the guy was also a beta. "He's most likely not there, since he's a beta too." Tanjiro thought to himself. "Might as will get some fruit and berries, since all I've been eating was meat, which isn't really good for my health." He thought to myself while smiling, before walking back home.

When Tanjiro got a basket from his home, he went to the nearest fruit trees and berry bushes. He didn't realize that he slowly started to go deeper into the forest, from being too distracted with the berries and fruit. "I can't believe there's so much dragon fruit, and peaches. There's also so many black berries." Tanjiro thought to himself happily, while being excited.

After his basket was full, he looked around and realized that he was lost. "Where am I?" Tanjiro thought to himself, while becoming scared. Tanjiro tried to calm himself down, and decided to wait for Giyuu to find him so that he wouldn't get even more lost.

Giyuu
Once the meeting was over, I hurriedly went home to see my beloved Tanjiro, but when I got there I didn't see him. I started panicking and looking for him all around our home, but I couldn't find him. "Oh no! I need to find him quickly, before it becomes dark." I thought to myself while transforming into my wolf form. I let out a very loud howl, which meant an omega got lost. I see all the alphas from the tribe turn into their wolf form, before standing before me. I told them who we were looking for, but then I smelled a faint scent of an omega of distress. This was so familiar that I knew it had to be Tanjiro. I hurriedly ran to where I smelled his scent coming from.

Tanjiro
I started calming down a bit as I was was eating a peach. "Mhm it tastes so good and sweet." I thought to myself while smiling. I started seeing the sun go down, but I decided to stay calm. "Giyuu will find me soon." I thought to myself, as I try not to panic. I heard something rustling in bushes, which made me be on high alert. I see a boar charge at me, so I quickly jumped to dodge. It crashed into the tree, which gave me a chance to attack it. I jump on the boar and slice his neck with a knife. It was an instant kill. "Woah that was cool for an omega!" I heard someone yell from above, which confused me. Someone jumped down, and I see a guy with a boar head for a mask. "I'll fight you for the boar head!" He yelled in a challenging voice, which made me surprised. "Eh?! No, I'm not gonna fight you! You could have it if you want!" I yelled but he already charged at me, but before he could attack me, a giant wolf that I recognized attacked him. "Giyuu don't harm him! He just not...good in the head, and he didn't do anything to me!" I yelled at him, and he stopped growling. He let out a loud howl, and then I was able to hear more howls, before Giyuu walked towards me.

When he transformed back, he hugged me. "I was so worried about you." Giyuu told me, which made me feel bad. "I'm sorry. I sort of got distracted." I told him while hugging him back. "Why worry? This omega knows how to fight. He killed that boar." The guy with the boar head told Giyuu, and Giyuu looked surprised by this. "I'll explain that later." I told him while blushing with embarrassment. "Okay, and I can't wait." He told me while smiling. "Anyways, who the hell are you?!" Giyuu yelled at the guy. "The name's Inosuke! I'm the leader of the mountain wolf tribe, and I'm looking for the leader of the riverbanks wolf tribe!" He announced, which surprised me. "Will your looking at him." Giyuu simply told him. "Then fight me!" The guy yelled while running towards us. Giyuu picked me up bridal style, and jumped onto a tree. "Stay here. I need to deal with this." Giyuu told me while smiling to reassure me that everything will be okay. "Just don't hurt him." I told him and he pouted. "Fine." He mumbled before jumping down.

The guy didn't even last a second. Giyuu tied him up on a tree, as the guy kept yelling. Giyuu brought me down, before carrying the basket and boar. "Let's go." Giyuu simply told me, and I nodded while feeling unsure.

"Are you sure we should have left him alone in the forest?" I asked Giyuu worriedly. "He'll be fine. After all, he is an alpha." He told me while petting my head.

We get back to the tribe and everyone seems happy to see us. "We're glad your back Young Master, and Small Master!" They told us while sounding relieved. "Wait...did they just call me Small Master?! They don't actually mean me. Right?" I thought to myself while being surprised. "Thank you to all the alphas who helped in the search. You all worked very hard and I'm proud of that." Giyuu told them while sounding serious. The alphas seemed embarrassed by this, but also happy. I mean who wouldn't. They were praised by their leader after all. "Anyways you'll have some explaining to do on how you killed this boar." Giyuu whispered in my ear, which made me blush. I covered my ear while not looking at him, as I became flustered.

Cliff Hanger