Chapter 10

The Next Day

Tanjiro
When I woke up, I felt less hot. "What happened, and where am I?" I thought to myself while rubbing my eyes, but then I remembered that I was in the nest that I made. "Oh right." I thought to myself. I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, so I look down and I see Giyuu sleeping. I smiled, before I started petting his head. "I don't know when he got here, but he seems really happy and relaxed." I thought to myself while smiling, but then I felt something odd. Something was missing. "My underwear! What happened? Why aren't I wearing any underwear?!...Maybe Giyuu knows why." I thought to myself while blushing, but then I yelped when I felt something nibbling on my thigh. I look down and I see Giyuu still asleep, but he's nibbling me in his sleep. "My chest feels sour, and my thighs hurt." I thought to myself while I felt small pain on my chest. "What exactly happened last night?" I thought to myself while being very confused. "Oh Tanjiro, your awake!" Giyuu told me while sounding happy and excited. "Um...Giyuu what happened last night? I can't remember, but I want to know what happened. My underwear is gone, my chest is sour, and my thighs hurt." I told him and I see him freeze in place. His ears went flant, while his tail went down. "Did I say something wrong?" I thought to myself while feeling worried and panicked. He looked very sad by what I said. "Giyuu?" I called out to him, but then he shook his head. "I-I'm fine. Nothing happened." He told me while smiling, but his scent was sad. "I'll be right back...I'm...going hunting." He told me, before leaving. "Did he just make an excuse?" I thought to myself while being surprised. "I've must have said something wrong, or did I forget something that's very important to Giyuu?" I thought to myself while being very confused.

Giyuu
"How does he not remember?" I thought to myself while being frustrated and sad. "Did it not mean anything to him? Is he acting like nothing happened because of what I did before? Does he hate me and wants to forget about our moment?" I thought to myself while feeling really confused. "Maybe I should ask Shinobu, since she knows more about omegas than I do!" I thought to myself while being determined.

Li Wei
When I saw the leader leave his cave while looking sad, I got an idea. "Honey, may you get some unmated alphas. I heard that the leader's mate is in heat and wants help." I told my 10th mate, while acting innocently. "Oh okay. Some of my friends were looking for a mate, and if the leader and their mate is okay with it then I'll ask my friends." My 10th told me while smiling. "Such an idiot." I thought to myself.

Giyuu
"I swear, you're such an idiotic fool. When omegas enter their first heat they don't remember a thing, because they are not used to their bodies changing. It makes them become very tired, that they end up forgetting everything that happened during their heat. That means that this is Tanjiro's first heat. That's why omegas should always stay with a trusted, strong alpha, when it's their first." Shinubo told me while she kept hitting my head, but then I remembered that I left Tanjiro. "Fuck!" I thought to myself while running out of Shinubo's cave, as I heard her yelling at me with anger and annoyance. "Me and my idiotic selfishness! Shinubo was right about me." I thought to myself while being angry with myself, and worried about Tanjiro.

Tanjiro
I was resting in my little nest, while trying to think of what I did to make Giyuu sad, but nothing came to my mind.

All of a sudden I heard someone walk in the house, but something felt off. "Giyuu is that you?!" I yelled out while feeling a little scared, but then I could smell the scents more clearly. There were five people who were alphas. None of them I knew, and none of them were Giyuu. I started letting out what seemed to be growls, as I started becoming scared.

When I smelled their scents coming near the room I started shaking, but then I heard them start yelling in pain. "Giyuu!" I thought to myself with joy, when I recognized his scent. I smelled the blood of the alphas, but I was relieved that none of it belonged to Giyuu. "Stay out!" I hear Giyuu growl with anger.

After what seemed like minutes the scents of the other alphas disappeared. "Tanjiro, are you alright?" Giyuu asked me worriedly, as I see his shadow standing in front of my nest. "Y-Yeah." I told him while I started to relax. "I-I want to apologize. I shouldn't have left you alone when you needed me the most." He told me while he sounded like he was disappointed with himself. "It's fine. I should also apologize." I told him while being scared of what he might think once I told him. "Wait...Why would you need to apologize for?" He asked me while sounding very confused. "Because it was my fault that you left in the first place. I have forgotten something and that seemed to bother you. Your scent was giving off sadness and disappointment. I must have forgotten something that's really special to you that happened between us, and I want to know, because I don't want you to be avoiding me." I told him with honesty. "O-Okay. M-May I come in?" He told me while sounding nervous. "Yeah!" I told him happily, while moving out the way to the entrance from my nest.

Once we were comfortable, I asked him what exactly happened yesterday. He seemed to be looking for the words almost as if he was scared to say. "Um..I..We..did something. It was mostly me at first, but then...you also wanted to. We sort of did it." He told me while looking a little pale. "What do you mean by did..." Before I could finish my question, I realized what he meant, which made me start blushing like crazy.

Cliff Hanger