Chapter 17

Tanjiro
"Tanjiro, are you sure? I could stay here with you." Giyuu told me while sounding worried, while I was laying in bed. "No, you should go. I promise I'll be fine." I told him while smiling, and after some time of convincing, he finally said okay.

When I was sure that he left, I sat up while smiling. "I need to go to the shop again to buy some yarn and knitting materials." I thought to myself while getting ready to leave. I was still wearing the same thing from yesterday, since I was too tired to change. I hurriedly went to the shop and greeted the woman. I told her what I needed and she gave it to me, but this time she told me that I didn't have to pay her, since one gold coin is basically buying everything in the shop. At least that's what she told me.

I immediately get back home and get started with making the stuff. "This will probably take me a whole month to make, so I need to be careful." I thought to myself while smiling with excitement.

After some time I decided to take a small break. I looked towards the window and was surprised to see something there. I go towards the window, and open it. "A mango?" I thought to myself while being confused. "There aren't any mango trees around here, so how did it get here? Someone must have left it here, but who?" Was the only thing I could think about, before closing the window.

"Tanjiro!" I hear Giyuu yell out my name. "Oh no." I thought to myself while I tried to hurry on hiding everything.

Just when he got in the room, I finished hiding the surprise. "Hey, Giyuu." I told him while smiling, as I tried to act normal. "Tanjiro, what's that?" Giyu asked while he pointed towards the bed. I freaked out a little bit thinking that I forgot to hide something for the surprise, but thankfully it was just the mango I brought in. "Oh it's just a mango I got by the window." I told him but he seemed...mad. "Is something wrong?" I asked him while he was glaring at the mango. His stare looked like he wanted to kill someone or if it could kill someone. "That's an offering. Someone is asking for you to become their mate, and you accepted by taking it." Giyuu simply told me while grabbing the mango. "The alpha's scent is all over it. He must have been holding it in his hands for a while. That means he probably lives far from here." He growled, before he opened the window and threw it away. "I'm sorry, I didn't know. I don't want you to feel like I don't love you anymore, so don't be so anxious and jealous." I told him while hugging him, which made him get off guard a little bit. "I'm sorry Tanjiro. I probably scared you. Didn't I?" He told me while he finally fully relaxed. "Shall we eat?" He asked me while smiling, and I nodded. "I would like that." I told him, before he patted my head.

A couple of days later

Over the couple of days that we've been staying, there's always a mango by the window. Giyuu seemed to be getting annoyed by this, but I found it sort of hilarious. "Giyuu let's take a bath together so you can relax." I told him while smiling. "I am relaxed!" He yelled, but not in a rude or scaring way, which made me giggle. "You act so childish when you're jealous." I told him while petting his head. "I am not jealous, and I don't act childish." He told me and I just rolled my eyes. "Let's just go." I told him while pulling his hand. "Fine." I hear him tell me, while sighing in defeat.

As we were bathing, he seemed to finally relax. "You see a bath always work." I told him, while putting my head on his shoulder. "Yeah." I hear him mumble, before he put his head on mine. "Mating is still way better though." He told me which made me blush like crazy. "Jeez, way to ruin the good moment." I thought to myself while trying to calm down from being embarrassed. "Tanjiro have you remembered anything from your life, before you forgot anything?" Giyuu suddenly asked me. "N-No. Just my family." I mumbled nervously. "Really?" He asked me and I nodded. "Why the sudden question?" I asked him awkwardly. "Because I think you never lived in our world. You see when someone is a Tanuki in our world, it usually means that they died, but worshiped a God. The God gives his worshippers their dying wish as a thanks for everything." Giyuu explained to me while smiling. "H-How do you know this?" I asked him while trembling with fear, because I thought he might hate me. "I asked Urokodaki about it, since Tanuki's are rare. So, tell me. Is this true?" He told me while smiling. "N...Yeah." I told him, but then I felt him hug me. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me while sounding hurt. "B-Because I was scared. I thought you would think about me as weird or as a monster." I told him with honesty, while tearing up. "Tanjiro, you should never think about that, because I want to be with you forever. I love you and I want to know more about you." He told me while wiping away my tears. "When you're ready to tell me about your life, I will listen attentively." He told me before kissing my cheek. "Is this one of the reasons that you've been acting protective of me?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Yeah, because I don't want you to get hurt by some fool for being different. It's better to have your secret hidden from everyone." Giyuu explained to me while sounding serious about it. I started blushing again, but from how kind Giyuu is to me. "He really cares for me that much?" I thought to myself while smiling.

Cliff Hanger