Chapter 23

Tanjiro
"You seem bothered by this, so I'll stop asking." She told me while smiling to try to comfort me. It was an actual sincere smile. Something she mostly never shows. "Oh no it's nothing like that. I just got caught by surprise." I told her while waving my arms around in front of me, because I didn't want her to feel like she was bothering me. "Are you sure?" She asked me and I nodded.

After some time when I was fully relaxed from my nerves, I started to explain what happened.

"I see. So that's what happened. How did you learn how to defend yourself? All omegas here don't know how, so I'm quite interested in this?" She told me while she was checking on my health and the baby's health.

Author
"So, I was the oldest in my family. After some time my father passed away and left me in charge, so I had to learn how to fight to protect my family, and workout to do the chores that he used to be in charge of. I did this until I was two months near becoming fifteen." He told her while remembering the good times with his family, before he passed away. Shinubo saw how Tanjiro seemed sad by this, which made her worry. She decided to change the subject, by talking about the baby's health. "Okay, so the baby is okay. Very healthy. I still don't know if the baby is an alpha or beta, so I'll need to get your blood samples. Only if you'll allow me." She told him while smiling, as she held Tanjiro's hand. "Oh I'm glad to hear that. I was so worried, and I don't want to know if they are an alpha or beta. I want everything to be a surprise when they are born." He told her while smiling happily. She nodded in understanding while smiling at this. She has never seen an omega like Tanjiro be so happy and excited about their child's birth and not about the second gender. It made her very happy, because she knew the baby would live a very wonderful life. "Will, I better get going. Also, please rest and don't do anything reckless right now." She told him, as she got ready to leave. "Thank you for everything...Shinubo." Tanjiro told her while smiling. This caught her by surprise, but it also made her very happy.

Before Shinubo left, she told Giyuu that he would need to get someone strong to be by Tanjiro's side until he recovers, since Giyuu can no longer leave his duty as leader.

"Tanjiro, do you have anyone in mind that you want to take care of you until you fully recover?" He asked him, while smiling. "Yeah, I want Urokodaki-san to take care of me. I want to learn more about him and your past self." Tanjiro told him, which made Giyuu's tail start wagging with joy. "Alright. I'll tell him about it. Hopefully he isn't busy." He told him while smiling.

"Of course I'm not busy!" Urokodaki yelled at Giyuu, but in reality he was very busy. "I'll just leave everything to Sabito." He thought to himself. They were in Urdokdaki's home, while eating lunch.

Also, Kyojuro was taking care of Tanjiro right now. Of course it was outside, next to the front door, since Giyuu didn't allow him any other way.

"Anyways, I better get going. I don't want that idiotic lion to get any ideas." Giyuu told him, and Urokodaki nodded in understanding.

When Giyuu left, Urokodaki hurriedly went to look for Sabito. This was after all a one of a life chance opportunity to learn more about Tanjiro.

Li Wei
"Dammit, those idiotic fools failed again! This is the second time I send alphas to rape him. I need a better plan. I would kill him, but I want him to suffer for ruining my life. What should I do?" I thought to myself while being very angry, but then I got an idea. "I'll send someone to kill his child when it's born. Then they'll both suffer together." I thought to myself while smiling.

Author
"Sorry Urokodaki, but no. I can't handle big responsibilities like yours. I know it's a once in a lifetime chance to learn more about Giyuu's mate, but no. Maybe Giyuu and his mate will come more often, but you can't leave your responsibilities. This is how it is." Sabito told him while trying to be as kind as possible about it. Urokodaki just sighed in defeat, and decided to go tell Giyuu that he wouldn't be able to take care of Tanjiro.

"I see. Will thank you anyways for trying Urokodaki." Giyuu told Urokodaki while smiling, after Urokodaki explained everything to Giyuu.

Giyuu
"Jeez, now what? I don't trust anyone else with Tanjiro. Unless...maybe Shinubo will allow Kanao. It could have been Shinubo, but she's way too busy already. I still don't trust that idiotic lion with Tanjiro. Sabito and Makomo leave with Urokodaki, so they can't help. Kanao is also very strong and the same age as Tanjiro, which means they could get along pretty well. She's my best bet right now." I thought to myself while going to Shinubo's house. "Yo, Shinubo! Is Kanao here? I want to speak to her to ask her for a favor. It has something to do with Tanjiro." I told her while walking in her home. "I'm with a patient right now, so you shouldn't have just barged in! Anyways, she's at the back." She told me while sounding angry at first, but then she calmed down. "Training?" I simply asked her and she just nodded.

When I went to the back, I saw Kanao standing around the flowers, while butterflies surrounded her. She seemed to be zoned out. "Hey Kanao, are you taking a small break? If so, I want to ask you for a small favor." I called out to her, loud enough to get her attention. I saw her turn towards me, while she had a butterfly on her index finger. She had a blank expression like always. "Hello Leader." She mumbled kindly, as the butterfly that was on her finger flew away. She never talked much, it was always only a few simple words. Not even a normal sentence.

After I explained what the favor was about, she grabbed a coin out of her pocket. She threw it in the air, before catching it. She looks at it, before looking at me. "Sure." She simply told me, before she got ready to train again.

Cliff Hanger