Chapter 71

Muichiro
"Where...am I?" I mumbled, as I started waking up. I look around and realized that I was still in Tanjiro's home. "How long have I been sleeping for and when did I feel asleep?!" I thought to myself, but then I heard someone say "good morning". I look to see Tanjiro walking out from what I'm guessing is his bedroom. "How long was I sleeping?" I asked him while feeling a bit embarrassed, since I thought it was rude of me and disrespectful. "Will I don't really know how much hours, since I didn't keep a track of that, but I could tell you that it's morning and that you stayed here for the night." Tanjiro told me while smiling and this made me even more embarrassed. "I'm so sorry for being such a bother." I mumbled, but I heard him giggle at this. "It's fine." Tanjiro kindly told me. "Are your alphas and pup still asleep?" I asked him from just trying to make conversation with him. "No, it's just that Kaito ate everything yesterday, so all three of them went hunting today very early. Kyojuro was very angry by this and Kaito was annoyed, while Giyuu looked half asleep." Tanjiro explained to me while laughing a bit, and I just nodded in understanding. "He's so cute when he laughs." I thought to myself while smiling a little bit. "Anyways, you must be hungry. How about I cook you an egg, since that's all we mostly have right now?" Tanjiro told me and I told him that whatever he cooks is fine by me, since his cooking is very good. "I hope that Yuichiro doesn't get angry because of my disappearance." I thought to myself.

Yuichiro
"Son, have you seen your brother? He hasn't came back home since yesterday." Mother told me and I sighed in annoyance from how much problems Muichiro causes for me and our parents. "I think I have an idea of where he could be. I'll be back." I simply told her.

Author
While Tanjiro and Muichiro were eating and talking together, someone barged in a panic. It was Shinubo. "Where's Giyuu and Kyojuro?!" She yelled in a serious manner, which confused Tanjiro and Muichiro. "He went hunting. Why?" Tanjiro told her while trying to calm her down a bit. "A pack of alphas called the Upper Moons are here, and they're very dangerous. Anyways, stay here and don't come out." She told him before running off. "Wait, but Kaito is also out there!" Tanjiro cried while feeling really worried. "Tanjiro calm down, and do as Shinubo told you. I'll go find Kaito." Muichiro told him as a way to confort him. "O-Okay, just be careful." Tanjiro mumbled before Muichiro also ran off.

"Dammit, this is all my fault. If I have never tried to kill that idiot, they wouldn't havs found us! I thought they wouldn't after so many years passed." Shinubo thought in frustration, but then was stopped by one of the Upper Moons. It was Douma. The one who killed Shinubo's older sister.

Tanjiro could hear the screams of agony coming outside, while hiding in a secret room that Giyuu made for him and their pup. He also didn't realize that he was realising a strong scent of distress from thinking that one of those screams might end up being Kaito if he isn't safe. Tengen realized this, so his omegas and him blocked the entrance to protect him. "Why does that scent smell so familiar?" An Upper Moon with long hair that was tied in a pony tail, thought to himself.

Muichiro ended up finding Kaito with Giyuu, which made him sigh of relief. Giyuu quickly handed Kaito to Muichiro, before telling him to run off. Muichiro nodded before doing what he was told, while he saw Giyuu run to where the battle is.

Once he arrived back with Kaito, he saw that Tengen was blocking the entrance because of the Upper Moons. "I need to find another way in." He thought to himself. Kaito seemed to understand what Muichiro was looking for, so he pulled on Muichiro's hair to get his attention. Muichiro was quietly going to yell at Kaito, but then Kaito mumbled "Secret," before pointing at the back of the house. Muichiro understood, before going to where Kaito pointed. Everything seemed normal, but then Kaito pointed at one of the trees that had a small hole in it. Kaito turned into his wolf form, before jumping off of Muichiro's hands and going in the hole. Muichiro turned into his bunny form, before also jumping in. "We're in." Muichiro thought to himself, but then he felt someone hug him. "I'm glad that you two are you safe and sound. I was so worried." Tanjiro cried out while keeping Kaito and Muichiro close to his chest. Muichiro started blushing while Kaito was happy to be back with his mother. He was also happy that Tanjiro was worrying about him as well. "Tanjiro, I need to go and fight by their side. The more fighters they have the easier it will be to defeat the Upper Moons." Muichiro explained and this made Tanjiro worry, but then he was surprised when he was kissed on forehead. "I'll be okay and will return back to you. I promise." Muichiro told him while smiling, while Tanjiro slowly realised him from his hold. "Okay..." Tanjiro mumbled while blushing. He hid back at the secret room with Kaito while Muichiro left.

Everyone was truly struggling and were very injured by the Upper Moons. There was also dead corpses of the villagers. The Upper Moons are a different story though. They only had a few scratches and were still standing.

Tanjiro covered Kaito's mouth so that he wouldn't make a sound, mostly because an Upper Moon was able to enter his home. "What do I do? If I sneak out, they'll most likely chase us. But if we stay, they'll find us." Tanjiro thought to himself in a panic, but then the secret room door was broken. "Shit!" Tanjiro thought himself as he hid Kaito beind him, while not being able to see from all the dust.

Cliff Hanger