♥️

Rahul was looking at the scene with a smile on his face.

Who said she was immature. Childlike yes but immature no.

There were times when she wanted love and only love and she would do anything to get that love.

But its not her fault in that too. Since childhood she had seen this. That no one would love you without conditions you need snatch the chance of your love.

Maya did not even realise when tears fell from her eyes seeing the little girl and her parents.

She quickly wiped them and picked up her sketchbook and stuff.

Rahul came near her and the two went back. He wanted to ask if she was ok. But he could not.

That night too they went to sleep the same way. He in his study. She after kissing and wishing him a good night.

A few days passed and now Rahul was getting restless. He wanted her smile, needed her smile.

He was thinking of talking to Maya when he received Varun's call.

He was shocked because this was the first time since that day that he was calling himself.

"Hello?"

"Bhai. I am so happy today."

Varun's excited voice came. Rahul's lips curled into a smile hearing his best friend so happy.

"I am going to be a father."

"What! Really? Congratulations buddy!"

Rahul said happily and then the line went silent for a few seconds.

"I am sorry bhai. Maine uss din bhut over kr dia na. I didn't even listen to you. Maaf krde bhai."

(I overdid that day. Please forgive me.)

"Chhod na purani baaton ko. Khushi ka mauka hai. Just be happy. Aur kabhi naraz hi nhi hua tha toh maafi kis baat ki."

(Let bygones be bygones. Its happy moment. I was never upset then why sorry.)

Rahul was happy that Varun was back to normal now. He missed his best buddy.

"Achha sun. Do din baad ek chhoti si party hai iss khushi mai. Lekin tu aur Maya kl hi aa rhe ho and you guys are staying till the party. No excuses."

(Listen. There is a small party two days later. You and Maya are coming tomorrow.)

Rahul chuckled and said.

"Thik hai. Pahuch jaayenge."

(Ok. We will be there.)

The two friends talked for some time and then Rahul got up and went to his room with a smile.

He sat near Maya and she was shocked to see him smiling and that too with her.

"You are going to be a bua."

He said making her confuse. Her eyes widened as she realised what he meant and slowly a wide smile formed on her face making his heart flutter.

"Really? Aastha bhabhi? Oh my God! Oh my God! I am so happy. This is -"

She giggled excitedly and Rahul chuckled and told her that they have to go their tomorrow.

Maya was so excited that she jumped up and started selecting what all outfits she could wear. She was blabbering all the gifts they could take and so on.

Rahul listened to everything with a smile.

Ahh! I missed this. Seeing her like this feels...home.

He realised what he was thinking and his smile faded.

He went from there feeling confused and frustrated.

He sat in his study thinking about what was happening to him. What was he behaving like this around her.

He was deep in his thoughts when he heard the study door open and he pretended to be asleep.

Maya as usual sat near him and continued to admire him. The only time she could look at him freely.

After some time she got up and kissed his head.

"I love you."

He heard her whisper and soon she left. He lay there with his eyes open. The moment she left the study he realised that he has started to like his wife. A lot.

The next the two drove to Varun's home. Rahul's mother was happy to finally see Maya smiling and giggling.

As soon as Maya entered in she jumped on Varun hugging him like a koala bear making both Varun and Rahul chuckle.

She then gave a bear hug to Aastha who laughed and hugged her even tighter.

"I missed you sooooo much."

Maya said and Aastha kissed her head and ruffled her hair.

"I missed you tooo."

She hugged her again. Rahul was happy to finally see her smiling and laughing.

He felt a pat on his shoulder and saw Varun smiling at him.

"Aisi hi hai ye. Bilkul bachi. Ziddi bhut hai lekin chhoti chhoti cheezon se khush ho jaati hai. I am happy so got you. Bas dhyan rakhna uska. Meri jaan hai usme."

(She is like this only. A kiddo. Stubborn but gets happy on small things. Take care. She is my life.)

Varun and said and excused himself when he heard his father calling him leaving Rahul in his thoughts.

Rahul and Maya's stuff was taken to Maya's room. She was so happy to see her room still the same.

She jumped on her bed and slumped down.

"Ahh! I missed this so much."

She mumbled and closed her eyes with a sigh. Rahul continued to look at her with a soft smile.

They went down for lunch. After their lunch she sat with Varun and the two started talking like earlier.

She heard the doorbell rang and her smile fell seeing the person standing there.

Nitya was standing with a small suitcase in her hands and a big smile on her face.

Maya's eyes involuntarily went to Rahul's and she felt tears pool in her eyes seeing him look at her non stop.

But Rahul felt nothing after seeing Nitya. He thought he would feel pain and the love he had but no. Nothing. Nothing at all.

He then looked at Maya who was trying to control her tears and his heart felt like bursting. Her tears affected him. A lot.

Nitya entered in and greeted everyone.

"Hi Rahul."

She said standing in front of him. He nodded and replied back politely.

Aastha took her upstairs to show her the room where she would be staying.

The whole day passed like this. Maya's mood was successfully ruined. Rahul again felt frustrated because she was back to being dull and gloomy. She only smiled around Aastha and Varun.

Maya was going back to her room after dinner when she was stopped by Nitya.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️