💞

Happy New Year everyone!!🥰✨❤️
**************************************
Anvi came out of the temple and wore her slippers.

Today was her best friend's second death anniversary. She had lost him two years ago exactly on this date. He was her best friend since childhood and was there for her in her every phase of life.

He was there when she got her first permanent teeth, he was there when she got her first period, he was there when she got her first crush and he was there when she first fell in love.

He was there to witness it all. But suddenly one day he wasn't.

It was a normal day and Anvi was going to work when she got the news that he had met with an accident and was bought to the hospital dead.

She could not even say a goodbye to her bestie. His death had shattered her and she become like a lifeless body for almost two months.

It was after her mother confronted her that she had sobbedd in her arms and finally started coming to life.

She still missed him terribly.

He was the only friend she had made all during her life and his death had left her all alone.

She entered her room and smiled sadly seeing their picture on the wall.

"Kyu chala gaya tu itni jaldi. I miss you yaar. Tu bhut bada jootha hai. You promised me you'll be there with me in every big step of my life. Meri shaadi hai Naman. And you are not here. You lied to me. Please wapas aaja yaar. Mai tujhe kabhi pareshaan nhi krungi I promise. I miss you a lot."

(Why did you leave so early. You are a liar. Its my wedding Naman. Come back please. I will never trouble you.)

She whispered the last part and slumped on her bed crying. All their memories came floating in her head and she smiled and chuckled sadly between her tears.

"I am getting married to Atharv. My first and only love. Tujhe toh pta hai na. I told you about him. Agar tu yaha hota toh kitna achha hota na. Hum ek ghar mai saath saath rehte. Waise ab mai teri bhabhi ho jaaungi tujhe respect se pesh aana padta mere saath. Jo tere liye impossible tha. Tu kabhi mujhe pareshaan krta toh mai Atharv se shikayat krti aur wo tujhe daant lagate aur mai tujhe peechhe se chidati. Life kitni fun hoti na yaar."

(You know it right. If you were here it would have been so good. We would live together in one house. I will be your sister-in-law now you would have to behave with me respectfully. Which is impossible for you. If you would ever trouble me I'd complain to Atharv and he would scold you and I would tease you from behind. Life would have been so fun.)

The tears in her eyes were not stopping. She was missing him a lot today.

It was her marriage in two days. She was getting married to his elder brother who she has been in love with since forever. When he proposed to her parents for marriage she couldn't be happier and agreed without any delay.

She didn't know when she slept while crying. The next she woke up it was morning already and her mother was running around the whole house getting everything done because it was her haldi ceremony.

Anvi got ready in her attire for the day and settled on the stool placed for her and the ritual started.

By the end of the day she was dead tired and slept immediately on laying down.

Atharv on the other hand was trying hard to convince Nisha.

"Nisha meri jaan please meri baat ka yakeen kro. I promise I love you and only you. Lekin mujhe uss ladki se shaadi krni padegi. Just for some time and then I am all yours."

(Nisha my love please trust me. But I will have to marry her.)

He said cupping her face and she glared at him.

"You think this is a joke Atharv. You think marriage is a joke. Ki aaj isse toh kal usse. Aisa nhi hota. What if you fall in love with her later on and don't want me anymore. Tab mera kya?"

(Today from one tomorrow from another. Its not like this. What about me then?)

She asked moving away from his touch and he sighed.

"Aisa nhi hone wala. I'll never fall in love with a killer. Lekin ye shaadi krna mere liye bhut zaruri hai. So that I could get my revenge."

(It won't happen. But this marriage is bery important for me.)

He gritted his teeth remembering what she had done and Nisha nodded deciding.

"I give you two options Atharv. Either her or me. I need to protect my feelings and if you choose your revenge and her then we are over. You cannot get both things together."

She gave him an ultimatum and he looked at her helplessly.

"Nisha please don't do this. I love you but I need to do this."

"Fine then. Agar tumhare liye tumhara so called revenge itna important hai ki uske aage tum mujhe khudse dur kr skte ho toh phir toh tumhari life mai meri koi importance hi nhi hai na."

(If your so called revenge is so important that you can go away from me because of it then I don't have any important in your life right.)

She said making Atharv look at her helplessly.

"Please Nisha."

He whispered but she had decided. If he was adamant then she needed to be tough too. She had a heart and her feelings to protect.

It would be easy for him to say that he had fallen in love with his wife and she would be left nowhere then.

It was easy for him to say that he wouldn't fall in love with her but marriage is no joke. It is a sacred bond and the feelings and relations change after marriage.

Atharv and Nisha met for the first time in London six months ago. He stayed there for his business which now majorly was shifted to India and she used to live with her brother for her higher studies.

He had seen her in her University when he went to deliver a lecture there. She was the most curious student and being one of the very few Indians he found her very interesting.

That was how it started and then slowly and gradually their bond increased and it was only three months ago that they had confessed about having feelings for each other when the news of him getting married caught her by surprise.

All this while she was trying to pursuade him out of revenge but he was adamant and today she had to take a step.

She got back from his arms and smiled sadly.

"Thank you so much for the wonderful memories Atharv. But hum sirf yahi tak saath the."

(We were together till here only.)

She said and left from there leaving him sad and alone.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️