💚

The next whole week after the reconciliation of the families, Shahzain was in bliss.

He could finally pursue his feelings for Noor. But he wanted to do everything in a halal way. So he decided to talk to his parents. He just needed to gain courage for that.

Even in college he looked excuses to see her or talk to her.

He was getting ready for college while whistling a tune.

"Zain ye Fati phupho ke ghar de aao. Aaj maine taaza kachori banayi hai. Unhe pasand hai."

(Zain give this to Fati phupho's house. I have made fresh kachoris. She likes them.)

Kinza said handing a box of fresh kachoris to Shahzain. The boy instantly beamed at her. Another reason to meet her.

He immediately drove off to her phupho's. Their houses being at a distance of 15 minutes came to his benefit.

He rang the doorbell hoping that Noor would open it.

But instead Fatima opened. She smiled widely seeing her nephew and called him in.

"Ye ammi ne aapke liye bhijwaya hai. Aapki favourite kachori. Ammi ne banayi."

(Ammi send this for you. Your favourite Kachoris. Ammi made them.)

Fatima thaked him and went to keep it in kitchen.

Shahzain looked around to find her but she was nowhere.

Fatima came out of the kitchen and saw Shahzain looking around.

"Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

"Wo-umm phupho mai keh rha tha ki mai college hi jaa rha hu toh agar Noorain jaa rhi hai toh mai chhod dunga usse."

(Umm phupho I was saying that I am going college only so if Noorain is going I'll drop her.)

He stuttered out with nervousness. Fatima nodded with a smile and said.

"Taiyar hi ho rhi hai. Tum ye batao kya khaaoge?"

(She is getting ready. You tell me what will you eat?)

Shahzain smiled and said.

"Abhi toh kuch nhi phupho. Lekin usse chhodne aate waqt biryani bana dena. Aapke haath ki biryani khaane ka mann hai."

(Nothing right now. But when I come to drop her make biryani. I want to eat your hand's biryani.)

"Zarur mere chanda."

(Ofcourse my Chanda.)

Fatima kissed his head. Just then Noor came jumping out of her room.

"AMMI MAI COLLEGE JAA-"

(Ammi I am going college-)

She stopped her fudakna abruptly when she saw Shahzain looking at her with an amused smile.

She cleared her throat in embarrassment and reprimanded her ammi in her mind.

She could have told her that they had guests over. She smiled politely and walked near them.

"Asalamualaikum!"

She greeted an amused Shahzain.

"Walaikum assalam!"

He greeted her back. Noor turned to her mother and said in a very civilised manner.

"Ammi mai college jaa rhi hu. Allah haafiz!"