💞

Nisha knew that this girl was Atharv's wife and that was why she was really nervous.

Anvi was shocked and didn't know how to react.

Didn't Atharv say that they were over. Why did he invite her then?

Her thoughts were broken by his voice.

"Anvi?"

He came towards her. His eyes fell on Nisha and he too looked shocked seeing her there. He did not say anything and turned to his wife.

"Let's go! Its time for cake cutting."

He said and Anvi looked at him giving him a mock smile.

"Where are your manners Atharv? Your friend is standing here. Usse hi nhi bolenge?"

(Won't you greet her?)

He knew she was testing him and he gave her a 'Don't do this to me' look.

"Hi Nisha."

He said when she didn't budge. Nisha smiled weakly feeling awkward.

"Hi Atharv. Kaise ho?"

(How are you?)

He just nodded and then said.

"Please join us for the cake cutting."

She nodded and went from there getting her clue. Anvi too was going behind her when he held her hand and pulled her into his chest.

"I didn't invite her. I didn't even know she was coming here. Her brother is my good friend. I just sent him an invitation. I swear I didn't take her name even."

He was trying to explain her desperately. He didn't want any other misunderstanding between them. He was already bearing the consequences of one.

He kept looking into her eyes to find trust for him and he smiled when he did.

He kissed her head and went out intertwining his hand with hers.

Anvi trusted him. She knew he wasn't lying. She had seen the shock in his eyes when he saw her here. She knew he didn't love her or even like her in that sense anymore.

The same night when everyone had left for their homes Anvi and Atharv sat with his parents in the living room.

"Bhai aaj ka karyakram toh badiya ho gaya."

(Today's event went well.)

His father commented making everyone smile and nod.

"Achha bhai ye hum dono ki taraf se tumhare liye."

(This is from us for both of you.)

His mother said passing an envelope to Anvi. She frowned and looked at her who smiled and asked her to open it.

She opened the envelope and found two tickets to Paris.

"Mummy iss sab ki koi zarurat nhi hai. Anniversary aap logo ki hai infact you should go."

(There is no need of this. Its your anniversary you two should go.)

She said passing the tickets to her who passed it back to Atharv.

"Nhi! Nayi nayi shaadi hui hai dono ki. Kahi ghum aao. Aur hume anniversary gift dena hai toh jaldi se good news suna do bas."

(No! You both are newly wed. Go enjoy. And if you want to give us anniversary gift give us a good news.)

She teased them making Anvi red in shyness. Even though she was angry at him but she still loved him and just thinking about having a baby with Atharv made her red.