💞

Its been two days since the confrontation and Atharv couldn't gain courage to go to his room that night.

When he finally entered the next morning he saw her curled on the bed in a very uncomfortable position moaning in pain.

He had moved near her and felt her burning with fever. And since yesterday he has been taking care of her like a perfect husband. *Ha! Funny!😑*

Anvi had ignored him in the starting but now it was getting too much for her. Was it so easy for him to pretend as if nothing ever happened and he had never accused her of killing her own best friend.

"Ye soup khatam kro jaldi and then you have to take this medicine. Fever abhi down hai but we can't take risks."

(Finish this soup and then you have to take the medicine. Fever is fown but we can't take risks.)

He said while popping a tablet out and placing it on the tray.

She was looking at him without any emotions.

"Kyu kr rhe hai aap ye sab?"

(Why are you doing all this?)

She asked in a whisper and he stopped looking up at her. He had the audacity to look confused.

"Why are you pretending that you care about me?"

She asked and his eyes softened.

"I am not pretending Anvi. I do care about you. I was angry but I did care about you always."

He said in a soft voice and she looked at him with the same emotionless face.

"Why now? Abhi bhi koi zarurat nhi hai iski."

(There is no need now also.)

She said and he shook his head.

"Zarurat hai. You are my wife and -"

(There is.)

He was cut off by her humorless chuckle.

"Wife? You remember I am your wife? Chalo thank God memory toh sahi hai. Nhi mujhe laga ki girlfriend ke chakkar mai bhul gye 'wife' ko. Par iski koi need hai. Aaj apni girlfriend oh sorry Nisha ke paas wapas jaa skte hai."

(Thank God you have a good memory. No I thought because of girlfriend you forgot your 'wife'. But there is no need of this. You can go back to your girlfriend oh sorry Nisha.)

He looked down in shame and said.

"I was lying. Mai kisi se baat nhi kr rha tha uss din. I just wanted to hurt you."

(I wasn't talking to anyone that day.?

He heard her unbelieving laugh and she uttered.

"Really? Well congratulations you succeeded. By the way Nisha bhi jhut hai ya-"

(Is Nisha also a lie or-)

She left the sentence hanging and he looked at her confessing honestly.

"Nisha was real. She was my girlfriend but we broke up before our marriage. I promise Anvi shaadi ke baad it has only been you."

(After our marriage its only been you.)

"And shaadi se pehle? We were engaged for two months before marriage."

(And before marriage?)

He looked down in guilt and shame and said.

"We were in contact. But she was trying to pursuade me out of marriage and nothing else. But when we broke up it was over for good. Wo wapas London chali gyi and I haven't contacted her since and neither did she."

(She went back to London.)

Anvi looked away. There was silence for some time until he heard her whisper.

"Please leave me alone."

"Anvi-"

"Please Atharv. I need to be alone. Thak gyi hu mai. I am tired pretending to be happy. You have hurt me a lot. Maine aapke kaam ki frustration soch kr chhod dia but you accused me of my own best friend's -"

(I am tired. I left it thinking it to be worm frustration but you accused me of my own best friend's -)

She choked back a sob and his heart constricted with guilt. How much he had hurt this innocent woman.

"I am sorry. I know my sorry won't lessen your guilt. I am ready to do anything to get your forgiveness and another chance. I really want to give us a chance Anvi."

She continued to look away and just whispered.

"Please leave Atharv."

He sighed helplessly and got up.

"Fine. I am going. But I'll come after some time and I want this finished and the tablet taken. Aur haan please don't cry. Tabiyat aur kharab ho jaayegi. Take rest."

(You'll get more ill.)

He said softly and kissed her forehead before leaving her alone. She slumped back tired and mumbled brokenly.

"Why did you do this Atharv? I wish tu yaha hota Naman. Sab kuch sahi hota"

(I wish you were here Naman. Everything would have been fine.)

She wiped the tear that fell as she remembered him. She missed him.

It took her three days to get well and get out of bed. All this while Atharv cared for her like a good husband. If she didn't want to see him he would look after her from afar.

His gestures touched her heart but she still was hurt.

It was his parents'anniversary after two weeks and they were planning on throwing a party inviting all their family and relatives and friends.

Atharv was inviting his friends from London too. He was personally calling them all.

Anvi never had any other real friend than Naman so she did not invite anyone.

Time passed by and the preparations were done. The house and the backyard was decorated for the event.

The guests started arriving and the party started.

Everyone was enjoying and Atharv and Anvi were attending to the guests.

She was going towards the kitchen to check the preparations when she bumped into someone.

"Oh! I am so sorry."

She apologized with a smile and the girl smiled back waving it off.

"You need something?"

She asked noticing her rubbing her dreas.

"Umm yes actually I spilled juice on my dress. Can you show me the washroom?"

She asked politely and Anvi nodded asking her to follow her.

When the girl was done and came back out Anvi asked her.

"Need anything else?"

She shook her head and Anvi looked at her trying to recognise her.

"I am sorry but I didn't recognise you."

The girl stuttered and answered nervously.

"Oh-umm-I-I am Atharv's friend from London. Nisha."

Anvi froze. It was her. Her husband's ex girlfriend. And now that she knew she observed how beautiful she actually was.

Almost an inch or two taller than her. Sharp beautiful nose and a perfect body.

But what she didn't know was that what Atharv felt for Nisha was attraction. Just attraction.

But what he felt for his wife ran deep within his heart. The feeling that is the strongest in the whole world. The feeling of love.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️