💝

Mihir was in his room and messaging his friends that he was in Delhi for his wedding and if they wanted to meet up.

His eyes fell on a contact and he stopped.

He looked at the time. It was 11pm. Should he message her?

Yes! He had Anushka's number and he did text her here and there asking about her health and everyone generally. They never talked over phone. The conversation was also on messages only.

Hey! I just returned home. In Delhi. Mumma ne kaha tha we would do our shopping together. Let me know kab chalna hai.

He messaged her and two minutes later his phone pinged.

Ok.

That's it. One word. Mihir was disappointed. He expected that atleast she would ask him about how his journey was.

Only if he knew the havoc his message had created in her heart. For a second she had gone still. He was here. This was the only thought in her mind.

Mihir kept his phone aside and got inside the sheets. He couldn't sleep. He would finally get to see the girl his parents had selected for him face to face.

The next day he received her message asking him if he could come for shopping today. Replying in positive he got ready. He had his breakfast and informed his parents about his plans.

"Mai bhi chal rhi hu."

(I am also coming.)

Nisha said excitedly and Mihir glared at her and shook his head secretly.

"Mai chal skti hu na bhai?"

(I can come right bhai?)

She asked innocently making him smile with gritted teeth. He moved and she followed giggling.

"Kya hua bhai? Aap nhi chahte the mai chalu? Bhabhi se akele milna tha kya aapko?"

(What happened? You didn't me to come? Wanted to meet bhabhi alone?)

He glared at the cheeky monster. He knew what she was trying to do. She was trying to make him confess.

He reached the location she had sent him and parked the car. They got off and saw her standing near the entrance with her mother and another elder lady.

Anushka's mood was effectively ruined because her mamiji was joining her. Her mami couldn't believe that her fiance was actually that fair and handsome.

Nisha told him about both the ladies and Mihir touched both of their feet. He then looked at Anushka and smiled. She too returned a smile trying to calm her racing heart.

While they were shopping Mihir noticed how the other lady kept on commenting on Anushka's color very subtly here and there.

"Ye toh log bhale hai jo apne gore chitte bete ke liye ek sawli ladki accept kr li. Hum toh aisa-"

(These people are good who are accepting a dusky girl for their fair son. We would -)

"Mamiji!"

Anushka cut her off very sweetly and the lady knew she had crossed her line yet again but who was she kidding. Some people never change.

"Aapko abhi tak apne bete ke liye ladki nhi mili? Tsk! Kya faayda uska itna gora chitta hone ka. Par aapki bhi kya galti. Gora hone ke saath thodi si shakal aur akal hoti toh shayad kuch ho skta tha. Ab shakal ka toh kuch kr nhi skte. Aur akal! Wo toh aapke saath rehte se usse aane nhi wali."

(You didn't find any girl for your son yet? What is the use of him being so fair. But it's not your fault too. If he had some features or intelligence along with fairness then something could have been done. Now we can't do anything about features. And intelligence it won't come until he lives with you.)

She said and Mihir kept a hand over his mouth to control his laughter. Damn! This girl was fire. The look on the lady's face was worth looking. She grumbled something about her being ill-mannered and left from there.

As soon as she left all of them burst out laughing making Anushka embarrassed at her outburst in front of Nisha and Mihir.

"Wow bhabhi! You were amazing!"

Nisha whistled making Anushka more embarrassed.

They resumed their shopping with Nisha subtly teasing both of them and them exchanging secret glances at each other.

Much to Anushka's father's dismay the dates of the wedding came quicker.

He was already dreading sending her away and now the time was finally here.

She was packing her bags that she had to take with her to Mumbai. Her mother was helping her when he entered into the room and sat beside her.

He caressed her hair and she looked at him. Seeing him teary eyed made her emotional too.

"Jab ek beti paida hoti hai na toh sabse jyada khush uska baap hota hai. Lekin iss khushi ke saath ek dukh bhi aata hai ki ek din usse apni jaan ko khudse dur krna padega."

(When a daughter is born then her father is the most happiest man. But along with this happiness there is a pain too that one day he would have to send her away from him.)

He said and hugged her sideways. She snuggled into him and he spoke out in a constrained voice.

"Mai toh khudko ye keh kr bhi nhi behla skta ki tu yahi rahegi. Kitna dur jaa rhi hai mujhse."

(I can't even console myself thinking you are here only. You are going so far.)

"Papa!"

She cried and hid her face in his chest. Her mother caressed her back and he took her too in a hug.

"Ek baat hamesha dhyan rakhio Anushka. Uss ghar ke saath saath hamari bhi izzat hai ab tere haath. Lekin iska matlab ye nhi hai ki tujhe kabhi bhi hamari zarurat ho toh hum nhi honge. Iss ghar ke darwaze tere liye hamesha khule hai. Jab tak tera baap zinda hai na tujhe kisi se darne ki zarurat nhi hai."

(Always remember one thing. You now have to take care of theirs as well as our reputation. But that doesn't mean that if you ever need us so we won't be there. The doors of this house are always open for you. Till your father is alive you don't need to be afraid of anyone.)

He said kissing her head and she smiled closing her eyes. She felt so lucky to have him as her father.

I think every daughter would want to hear these words of reassurance when she leaves her house and goes to a completely new one.

The next few days were a blur for everyone. Everything seemed to happen so fast and the next Mihir and Anushka knew were that they were married to each other.

The post wedding rituals continued and the two were so tired on their wedding night that they did not bother even talking and slept as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Also the next day it was their reception so it is also going to be a hectic day.

Anushka had selected a heavy zari saree while Mihir got ready in his three piece suit with his tie matching the color of her saree.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️