💝

Mihir came back to his home and went to freshen up. He then quickly made dinner for himself.

Maids were very expensive in Bombay and that too for only one person.

So he learnt to cook. Mihir preferred homemade food over outside food. Eating outside everyday upset his stomach.

Even in office he took his own lunch from home.

Today was a particularly tiring day and so he made Aalo Jeera and made chapattis.

After having his dinner he went straight to his own room apartment and slept.

His home was small yet cozy. It was too small. Just the perfect size a couple.

Mihir was a fair and very handsome man. He was 28 and was turning 29 in a few months. His mother like any other typical Indian mother was after him to get married.

He wasn't against it. Infact he had said yes to them when they asked about searching alliances for marriage.

He too wanted to experience what people called marital bliss. He had seen his parents. Even now he does.

He woke up at 6 am and started getting ready for his work. He worked at SEBI as the assistant manager. He loved his work. He had worked hard to reach there.

It was his break time when his mother called.

"Hello! Kaise ho mumma?"

(How are you mumma?)

He asked with a wide smile. He loved his mother.

"Mai thik hu mera bacha. Tu kaisa hai? Khaana khaya ki nhi?"

(I am fine my baby. How are you? Have you had food?)

He smiled and said.

"Wahi khaa rha hu. Aap batao."

(I am. You tell.)

"Achha sun. Tu kab aa rha hai Delhi?"

(Listen. When are you returning to Delhi?)

Mihir gulped his food and said.

"Most probably do hafte baad. Kyu?"

(I think after two weeks. Why?)

"Ek ladki pasand ki hai tere liye. Tere papa ke bachpan ke dost ki beti hai. Bhut pyaari bachi hai. Ek baar mil leta usse. Uski toh haan hai. Tera bhi pata chal jaata. Phir shaadi ka bhi sochna tha."

(We have selected a girl for you. Your father's childhood friend's daughter. She is very sweet. Meet her once. Its a yes from her. We will know your decision too. Then we have to think about marriage too.)

She explained and he hummed.

"Aapko pasand hai toh mujhe pasand hai. Aap baat confirm kro. Dates nikalwao shaadi ki. Jab aaungi toh phir lambi chutti lekar aaunga. Baar baar nhi milegi."

(If you like her then I like her. Confirm it. Finalise the dates. When I return I'll come on a long vacation. I won't get it again and again.)

He said making his mother squeal with happiness. He chuckled at her excitement and laughed when he heard her telling his father like an excited child.

He reached home and opened the pending messages. Some were from his mother. She was telling him about his supposed fiancee.

Her name is Anushka Mittal. She is a CA. And many more things about her.

She had also sent her picture along. He smiled and downloaded the picture. His smile faded seeing it.

Mihir although was very modern and open minded person but people around him always spoke up him getting a fair and beautiful bride made him negative too.

When he saw a dusky girl he thought about why his mother selected a dusky girl for him. He was fair and she was dusky.

But he couldn't deny her now. The whole night he kept thinking about it and convinced himself that it won't be bad. Her color won't matter.

In his heart he knew he doesn't give a damn about color but his mind was filled with people's negativity.

Anushka on the other hand had instantly developed a liking for him.

She was initially shocked when her mother told her that an alliance of her father's best friend's son had come for her but when she saw his picture and was told about him and his nature and personality she had said yes.

Moreover, she had found him very handsome.

It was four days later that his mother informed him that the dates were finalised for two months later.

He asked her for a full program of all the functions so that he can apply for leave accordingly.

The functions were all over a span of 10 days. So Mihir planned a full month leave having 10 days prior and after the wedding.

He wrote and email to his superior and got his holdiay sanctioned.

He informed his mother about the same and she told him that they would then get his and Anushka's shopping done after he gets here.

Time passes by so quickly that sometimes we don't even realise when it did.

Mihir's flight was two days later and he was packing his bags when his phone pinged.

He was already tired so he slumped on the bed and picked up his phone.

It was his cousin, his bua's daughter. She was 5 years younger than him but they had a great bond.

She had sent him a video. He downloaded it and played. It was a video of her and Anushka where she was teasing Anushka.

"Bhai do din mai aa rhe hai bhabhi. How are you feeling?"

(Bhai is coming in two days bhabhi.)

She had teased which made Anushka blush and look here and there avoiding her eyes. She had just hummed making Mihir's lips to curl into a smile involuntarily.

"Ohho bhabhi! Already bhai ke khayalo mai kho gyi ho!"

(Already lost in bhai's thoughts!)

Anushka gasped and looked at Nisha.

"Nisha!"

She called her sternly but there was a permanent blush on her face which made Mihir chuckle.

He realised what he was doing and sobered up. He hadn't even met her yet.

Finally the day arrived. Mihir stepped out of the Delhi Airport and breathed happily. He was back home. To take his bride with him.

He saw the driver waiting for him and set his luggage in the trunk of the car.

"Kaise hai aap beta?"

(How are you son?)

The driver was an elder man who was working for them since he was very young.

"Mai thik hu uncle ekdum. Aap kaise hai?"

(I am good uncle. How are you?)

The driver smiled and replied in positive. They drove to his home where he was immediately taken into a hug by his mother.

She made him eat so much as if he was coming back after so many years. While Nisha, his cousin wiggled her eyebrows at him teasing him continuously.

"Bhabhi se milna hai kya bhai?"

(Do you want to meet bhabhi?)

He glared at her and she laughed.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️