💟

Vansh saw her looking at his brother and his fears surfaced.

What if she likes Veer instead of him? What if she doesn't find him handsome enough or smart enough?

His thoughts were broken by her voice.

"Aap Veer Gupta hai na?"

(You are Veer Gupta right?)

She asked and everyone looked at her. Veer was a little surprised but answered controlling his expressions.

"Ji. Aap jaanti hai mujhe?"

(Yes. You know me?)

She nodded with a soft smile and answered.

"Ji. Aap ek baar hamare office mai aaye the to deliver a lecture. SPL Ltd."

(Yes. You came to our office to deliver a lecture once.)

She said and he nodded remembering the event.

Her eyes fell on the other man who she assumed was her potential husband. He was looking downward while fidgeting with his fingers.

Was he nervous? Or he seemed like he was scared? But of what?

She thought. Their parents started talking about things and asking them questions in between which they both answered politely and finally came the time when they were asked to talk in private.

Mansi asked him to follow her which he did without a word. He was scared about talking to her alone.

What if she denies saying that she doesn't like him or that he is not deserving of her?

They went towards the common balcony and stood beside each other facing the railing.

"Aap thik hai?"

(Are you ok?)

He heard her concerned voice and looked at her with his hands in his pocket.

"Y-yes! Yes I am fine."

He replied forcing a smile and she looked at him still not convinced.

"You sure? Aap bhut chup chup hai jabse aaye hai."

(You are very quiet since you came here.)

He nodded still forcing the smile and turned back to look at front.

There was silence for some time which he broke asking her.

"Kuch puchhna chahti ho toh puchh skti ho."

(You can ask if you want to ask anything.)

She looked at him and started nervously.

"Puchhna nhi hai. Kuch batana tha."

(I don't want to ask. I want to tell.)

His heart raced in fear. Was she going to confess her feelings for someone else?

"Maine honestly abhi shaadi ke liye ready nhi hu."

( I am not ready for marriage right now.)

He visibly relaxed. Atleast it wasn't someone else. He didn't say anything and waited for her to continue.

"Mumma papa ke paas sirf mai hu. Aur agar mai bhi abhi unhe chhod kr chalo gyi toh who will look after them? Bas yahi cheez mujhe pareshan kr rhi hai. But unhe tension hai ki age badhne ke baad achha rishte nhi aayenge."

(Papa mumma have only me. And if I also leave them who will look after them? This thing is constantly disturbing me. But they are worried that after  certain age I won't get good alliances.)