💘

Aanchal shook Mishkat with shaking hands. Her voice betrayed her. She was scared. So scared. For her baby.

Mishkat felt movements beside him and opened his eyes groggily.

"Hmm? Kya hua?"

(What happened?)

He asked with his eyes half open. She could not reply but only took his name in a shaky voice.

"Mish-kat!"

He was alarmed hearing her voice and sat up. His eyes widened and his heartbeat fastened seeing his wife sittting in the pool of blood.

Without saying any other word he picked her up and rushed out of the house.

He settled her in the car not caring about the mess that would create on the seats.

He drove like a madman while Aanchal just clutched his hand tightly. Both of their hearts were beating wildly fearing about their baby.

They reached the hospital in 10 minutes and Mishkat rushed inside her her in his arms. She hid her face in his neck.

She heard his shout frantically for doctors and felt herself being lowered on a bed.

The doctors examined her and she felt something prick her skin and soon everything was black.

Mishkat was pacing around the corridor like a madman. He was praying to God for his wife and his baby's safety.

The doctor came out and Mishkat ran to him.

"Your wife had suffered a miscarriage. The foetus was too weak and couldn't sustain. Also it had weakened her uterus. Even if in future she conceives the baby won't survive. We suggest you to go for a mastectomy. Also it was a girl."

The doctor said and left. Mishkat fell on his knees and cried.

He failed as a father. He couldn't protect his baby. He failed as a husband. He couldn't support his wife.

After crying for some time he got up wiping his tears and went inside where Aanchal was.

She had woken up and looked at the ceiling like a dead body.

"Aanchal!"

He called her softly but she did not respond. He sat beside her and held her hand.

"Baby please look at me. I am sorry meri jaan. We couldn't save her."

He whispered and a tear fell Aanchal's eye. Soon she was weeping like a baby.

"I am such a bad mother Mishkat. I should have been careful lekin mai hi laparwa ho gayi. The doctor asked me to be careful like I did not listen. We lost her because of me."

(I became careless.)

Mishkat cupped her face and said.

"Nhi meri jaan. Its not your fault. Its no one's fault."

(No my love.)

Aanchal closed her eyes and whispered.

"I can never become a mother again. I can't give you anymore children Mishkat."

He kissed her lips and said.

"I don't care. I have you. I have Reyansh. I don't need anyone else. You are my whole world."

He hugged her and she cried in his embrace. She slept crying in his chest and he kissed her head.

He called his family and informed them about the same. Everyone was broken hearing it and Karan and Damini came to the hospital at the very moment.

Aanchal started crying again seeing her mother. Damini tried to make her understand and she again slept due to exhaustion.

The next day Aanchal went through a mastectomy and was even more shattered.

Her mother-in-law was waiting for them at home.

She saw them enter and ran to help her.

Aanchal's eyes teared up and whispered in a broken voice.

"I am sorry. Aap sab kitne khush the. I ruined everything."

(You all were so happy.)

"Ek thapad maarungi mai. Bakwaas nhi kro tum. Agar tumhe lagta hai tumhari galti hai toh phir usse badi galti hamari hai. Hum tumhara khayal nhi rakh paye sahi se. Aanchal beta inn sab cheezon pr hamara control nhi hota. It is all his decision. All we can do is accept it and try to move on. Jo chala gaya uss ke liye rone se ab kuch nhi hoga. You have Reyansh now. Both of you now have to make sure ki usse kabhi tumhari kami mehsoos na ho."

(I will give you a slap. Don't utter nonsense. If you think it's your fault then we are at greater fault. Wr couldn't take care of you. We don't have control on all this. What is gone is gone there is no point crying over it. He should not feel your absence.)

She said and both of them nodded.

Aanchal and Mishkat took the next month off. Mishkat went only when there were extreme emergencies and he was absolutely required.

Aanchal had started to spend most of her day with her mother-in-law and Reyansh.

She would still cry at nights thinking about her unborn child and she and Mishkat would talk about how she would have behaved if she was still alive.

It somehow comforted their hearts thinking that she was in a much better place.

It was one such evening and Mishkat has started going to work from last month while Aanchal was still on leave.

"Mishkat! Mujhe kuch baat krni hai."

(I want to talk about something.)

He hummed and she stood in front of him.

"I want to quit going to hospital. Mai Reyansh ke saath jitna ho sake utna time spend krna chahti hu. Listen to me first. Inn do mahino mai mujhe ye realise hua ki mai being a mother usse bhut neglect kr rhi thi. And the time that I spent with him is very special to me. I won't stop working. Maybe ghar se clients handle kr lungi but I want a few years break. Atleast jab tak Reyansh khud ko handle krne jitna nhi ho jaata and then shayad dobara join krlu. Lekin tab tak I want to be with him and work from home."

(I want to spend as much time as possible with Reyansh. In these two months I realised that as a mother I have been neglecting him. I'll handle clients from home. Atleast until Reyansh is capable enough to handle himself and then maybe I'd join again. But till then..)

She said and Mishkat smiled. He kissed her head and said.

"If you want this then I am with you. Do whatever gives you happiness. Mai hamesha tumhare saath hu Aanchal. Always."

(I am always with you Aanchal.)

He said and she smiled kissing him softly. That night they made love to each other after so long.

Aanchal started her own clinic from home while always being there for Reyansh and his milestones.

When Reyansh was 15 years old Aanchal started working in their own hospital.

Their daughter was still a part of their lives and every night they still talked about her. Aanchal always wished for a daughter and God in a way fulfilled her wish in the form of Khushi.

The girl was devastated at the loss of her parents. After Bhawna she was the one who was close to her and helped her cope with it.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️