💓

Zara sat in her room with her knees clutched to her chest. Face strained with dried tears and eyes swollen. She had cried so much in the past three weeks that she doubted she couldn't cry anymore.

But one thought of her mother and her doubt would be washed off by her tears. She couldn't forget how she woke up to her mother's cold body next to her.

Her mother was her only companion and after she left Zara was left alone. With no one to talk to and on top of that her mami's behaviour didn't help at all.

The only person in the house who understood her was her mamujaan.

She quickly wiped her tears as she heard a knock on her door. Already knowing who it was she allowed the person in.

Her mamujaan entered with a smile.

"Mujhe bula kiya hota mamujaan."

(You could have called me mamujaan.)

She said and her mamu sat beside her on the bed. He looked at her with a soft smile while his eyes shone with unshed tears. He had lost his sister whom he loved to death.

Looking at his face she again broke down and started crying. He hugged her and patted her back softly.

"Bas bache rote nhi. Shh!"

(Don't cry.)

He tried to calm her while his own tears betrayed him.

"Ammi itni jaldi kyu chali gyi mamujaan?"

(Why did mom leave so early?)

She cried and he closed his eyes.

"Jo hona tha wo ho gaya bache. Allah ki marzi ke aage kisi ki marzi nhi chalti. Aur wo kabhi bhi kuch bhi kisi ke bure ke liye nhi krte. Hosla rakho bache."

(Whatever happened has happened. It was his wish and his wish is supreme. He would never want anyone's bad. Be brave.)

Slowly her cries subsided and she sat straight sniffling and wiping her tears.

"Naziya jaane se do din pehle aayi thi mere paas. Jaanti ho usne mujhse kya kaha? Jaise ki usse pata ho ye sab hone wala hai."

(Naziya came to me two days before she died. You know what she said? As if all this was going to happen.)

He said and she looked at him curious.

"Mujhse kehti hai ki bhai mere alawa meri Zara ka koi nhi hai iss duniya mai. Agar mujhe kuch ho jaata hai toh meri gudiya ka khayal rakhna. Mujhe aap pr pura bharosa hai bhai."

(She says that Zara doesn't have anyone apart from me. If something happens to me take care of my daughter. I trust you.)

His voice cracked as he narrated her the incident and Zara felt her throat constrict due to the tears she gulped.

"Mujhe bhi aap pr pura bharosa hai mamujaan."

(I also trust you mamujaan.)

She said and he smiled. He held her hand and said.

"Maine ek faisla kara hai gudiya. Meri baat manogi?"

(I have decided something. Will you listen to me?)

He asked and she nodded.

"Kahein!"

(Tell me!)

"Ayaan se nikah kr lo."

(Marry Ayaan.)

Zara looked at him shocked and slowly pulled her hands back.