𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

three weeks ago now, you had found zeke landon, with cal's help of course. a man who didn't know it until he met you, but had gone through the same experience you did on flight 828. a year of his life was taken from him in that cave, but it passed in the blink of an eye as two weeks.

zeke was a recovering addict. the second you met him though, you felt a connection. you knew you were meant to meet him. you'd always believed that everything happens for a reason. you strongly believed that you had met zeke for a reason.

you wanted to help him recover from his addictions. he had been staying in your apartment in the spare room for the past 3 weeks.

this morning, while eating breakfast, zeke discussed that he wanted to start attending his recovery meetings.

*this morning*

zeke was an incredible cook, he cooked breakfast and dinner for you everyday. it was his way of saying thank you for letting him stay.

you added some salt and pepper to your eggs and put them on the fork. god, they were amazing.

"hey, um, (y/n)? could i ask you a question?" zeke asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"yeah of course, go for it." you say, covering your mouth with your hand as you were still chewing.

"i've been reattending my recovery meetings, and i uh- was wondering if you'd go with me? it'd be kind of nice to have someone there to support me. if not, i completely understand." zeke spoke quite fast. he was obviously nervous to ask.

you stand up from your chair at the table where your breakfast was, and walked over to him, grabbing the two of his hands. you held your hands in his. "of course i'll go with you." you smile, rubbing his hand with your thumb to reassure him.

"thank you, for everything." he wraps you in a hug.

*time skip*

these meetings, his recovery meetings, took place in an empty space downtown, with lots of pretty lighting and fold up chairs, as well as some nice pillows to sit on. the people here all seemed very nice. you walked in, holding zeke's hand since you knew he was still a bit nervous.

a nice-looking woman, with long wavy brown hair, and brown eyes walks over and shakes your hand, waving a hello to zeke.

"hi! you must be (y/n)?" the woman asks.

"yes i am!" you smile back at her.

"zeke talks about you a lot, and how much help you've been in his recovery process, he seems to really care about you." the woman says. the thought of him caring about you and talking about you like that made your heart leap and your stomach fill with butterflies.

you turn your head towards zeke, who's looking away, but you can see a pink blush fainted off his cheeks. you can't help but smile.

zeke takes a seat in a chair, and you sit down on a pillow in front of him, resting your head between his legs.

there was a friendly looking man to your right, who's face was a bit sunken in and dull, but his smile remained present on his face. it made you happy to see how much these meetings were really helping people.

during the meeting, zeke talked about his sister, which was clearly hard for him to do. he stuttered and tripped over his words a lot. he talked about how his sister would've wanted more than anything for him to be clean and sober, how he wants to go home to his mom and show her that's he's better now, and he wants to be sober and clean for you, because you're the most important person in his life right now. tears swelled in your eyes, but you didn't let a single one drop. you didn't want zeke to see you cry.

you'd only known him for three weeks but he already meant so much to you and you already really cared about him.

after the meeting, zeke walked out with you, hand in hand. the sun was setting.

"thank you" he paused. "for coming with me today."

"of course, i'm really proud of you."

he places one hand on your cheek, rubbing it with his thumb. he leans in, placing a soft kiss on your lips. the taste of his vanilla chapstick pressed against your lips.

you lean into him, adding more pressure to the kiss and you place your hand on the back of his neck and his lower back, and his hands slide down to your waist.

'thank you, cal' you think to yourself, knowing this wouldn't be happening without your nephew.