𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞 || 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

authors note: i tried to make this a bit longer but it was hard, so this is a shorter chapter, but i do still hope you enjoy it! thank you for the request :)

you've been partners with robert vance in the nsa for close to ten years now, and you can safely say, in those ten years, you've never seen a person affect or get to him the way eagen tehrani had.

you had just step foot into your office, it had been freezing outside, you sighed in relief when the warm air hit you. the entire office almost always smelt of lavender, thanks to another one of your coworkers. as you walk down the hall to the office space that you and vance share, you see vance pacing back and forth, his head in his hands. it seemed like he was having trouble breathing.

"vance? what's up? what happened?" you asked, walking over to him. you stopped him from pacing by stepping in front of him, and you placed your hands on his two shoulders.

"i- don't know. i can barely breathe. i'm just so stressed." he says, trying to take deep breathes.

"okay, you can do this with me. smell the flowers." you show him how by inhaling through your nose. he follows you, breathing in.

you show him how to blow out the candles as example by exhaling through your mouth.

he follows your motions.

it takes a few times before he's fully calmed himself down, but it managed to work.

"where'd you learn that? it's really helpful." he asks.

"you gotta thank zeke for that one." you say to him, smiling.

"well thank you, it really did help." he says.

"of course, what had you stressed like that?" you ask, sitting down on a couch in the office.

"it's that asshole, tehrani." he says, obviously getting a little worked up again.

"hey, we don't have to talk about it if it bothers you too much." you assure him.

"no, it's alright. he just thinks he's so smart and so much better than everybody else, it's just annoying to deal with people like him." he says as he takes a seat next to you on the couch.

"i understand, i've been dealing with you the last ten years." you joke, rolling your eyes.

"you know you love me." he jokes back.

"you're right, i do." you say, resting your head on his shoulder.

he rests a hand around the side of you, pulling you in. the two of you just stayed like that, resulting in you ended up falling asleep next to him.