𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"cal, you can't keep secrets from me. i know something's wrong. please." you pleaded with your boyfriend.

he'd been sleeping more, coughing, there was blood stains in your shared bathroom sink in the mornings. constant complaints of headaches. he'd been loosing his appetite, even when you offered to make his favorite meals.

"y/n, trust me, i'm fine." cal said, giving you a smile. right after, he began coughing into his elbow, when he lowered his arm, you could see small blood stains on his flannel.

"no, you're not." you say, grabbing his elbow and pointing at the splattered blood across his shirt.

"okay, fine. i know you want answers, and i'm scared to give you them. come sit down upstairs." he interlocked his hand with yours, pulling you up the stairs of what was once beverly's house, and now the house to the family of stone's.

"cal, please tell me you're okay." tears were forming in your eyes. you didn't have a single clue what you'd do without him. he was your person. you'd go to him with everything. the callings, 828, family issues, talk about anything and everything together.

he pulled you on to the bed with him, his head was laying against the pillow as you lie on top of him, staring up at him.  he still had one hand holding yours, his thumb grazing over your the back of your hand every so often.

"y/n, before i tell you this, i want you to know how much you mean to me. i love you. i couldn't be more grateful for you and everything you've done for me, for the love you've shown me and my family." tears start to form in cal's eyes.

he took a deep breath and began. "i went with zeke yesterday, we visited dr. bates. alex, remember?" you nodded your head. you had a bad feeling about where this conversation was heading.

"they ran some tests and uh- my cancer's falling out of remission. i'm sick, y/n." the tears that had been pooling in your eyes began to flow down your cheeks, faster that you could control. a few verbal sobs slipped through your lips. you didn't want him to see you like this, it'd only make him feel worse.

a look of sorry spread across cal's face. he didn't want you to be upset, even though he knew you would. all he ever wanted for you was for you to be happy, and he wanted more than anything to be able to give that to you.

"cal, there has to be something we can do. find other doctors, other treatments." you practically pleaded with him.

"you've beaten it once before, you can do it again. think about it, olive needs you. eden needs you. i need you, cal." he placed his palm on the side of your cheek, wiping any running tears away.

he pulls you up closer against him, arms wrapped around you from behind. "i know. i'm going to try as hard as i can, i don't want to leave you. that's the last thing i want, y/n." he placed a kiss to the side of your head. pieces of your hair stuck to the tears falling down cal's face.

"we're going to figure this out. we have to." you say, squeezing his hand tight.

"we have to look to the future with the possibility that everything will turn out well." you say, smiling. cal elbowed you lightly in the side, smiling himself and letting out a small chuckle.

"you know how much i hate those cheesy mantra's. my grandma would've loved you."