𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 || 𝐬𝐚𝐚𝐧𝐯𝐢 𝐛𝐚𝐡𝐥

you and saanvi had worked for months together before flight 828 disappeared. both of you were head into research on pediatric lukemia treatments. you were making good head-way too.

the day before she left for jamaica, you still remember what she said to you. "i'll be leaving for jamaica tommorow, but i still plan on doing some work over the trip. is it alright if i send back the research i gather over there while i'm away?" she asked, smiling as usual.

"yeah, of course. i'll see you when you get back, have a nice trip, saanvi." you smiled, grabbing your keys to lock up the lab.

two weeks later, you were sent her research. two hours after receiving the breakthrough the two of you had been dying to recieve for months, you find out that your lab partner is missing in the sky with 190 other passengers.

the research she had come up with in jamaica is exactly what the two of you had been hoping for. it's been over 5 years since flight 828 disappeared, and thanks to saanvi, you've cured hundreds of pediatric cancer cases.

on november 4, 2018 your lab had gotten the news they'd been waiting 5 1/2 years to receive. saanvi bahl, the face alongside yours behind all the incredible cancer treatments had finally landed safely. flight 828 was finally back.

you decided you had to go to the hangar that day. she wouldn't believe the news. you ran in as fast as you could, alongside the other hundreds of family members, relatives, and spouses into stewart airport.

"saanvi! saanvi!" you screamed, a smile written across your face as you ran to her. she smiled brightly when she saw you. you hugged her tighter than you think you'd ever hugged anyone.

she didn't look a day older, neither did any of the other passengers. you already knew that the second you left the hangar, saanvi would already be throwing herself into the science and research behind the flight.

was it wrong to say you couldn't wait? you adored working with saanvi, you missed her more than you would admit to anyone the last 5 years.

"saanvi, you wouldn't believe it. i recieved your research for the cancer treatments." her jaw drops in shock, a smile still present on her face. "and- and we've solved hundreds of pediatric cases for over 5 years now." you stuttered out of excitement.

happy tears fell from her eyes. it was everything she'd wanted, she devoted her life to her research and her career. "we finally did it. we finally did it, y/n." she said, embracing you in a tight hug, her arms wrapped your around neck.

"we did saanvi, we really did." you said, beaming back at her, with tears brimming in your own eyes.

just as you had predicted, saanvi had thrown herself entirely into 828 research and development studies. you knew she was getting exhausted with the amount of work she was putting in, but you understood that to her, it was her life. she was facing plenty of afterschocks from the plane, including a new-found "callings"

you didn't know how bad it was getting, until you found her on the floor of her lab, a needle stuck in her arm.

"oh my god! saanvi! wake up!" you gently shook her, praying to god he would hear you and she would wake up. you scooted behind her, holding her gently on your lap, rocking back and forth.

"please saanvi, please" you quietly begged. you couldn't loose her, after the past few months, and researching and working with her, you couldn't deny the fact that you had completely fallen for her.

a few seconds later, her limp body jolted awake in your arms. "what- what happened?" she asked, trying to knock herself out of the state she was in.

"you were testing on yourself again. you promised me you wouldn't, it's not safe!" you said, scolding her, but your voice was still full of concern for her well-being.

"i'm okay. it's okay. i had to test for the anamoly, there was no other way." saanvi tried to stand up quickly to run over to her computer, but fall back down in your lap quickly. you stood up gently, grabbing ahold of her arms and pulling her up slowly with you.

you helped her over to her computer, one arm around her waist to help her walk. clear as day, it was gone. her callings, gone. yet again, saanvi may have found a treatment, a cure, whatever word you wanted to describe this entire phenomenon.

"oh my god. someone get this girl a nobel prize." you joked, still holding her by her waist.

"you know, i couldn't have done it without you." she whispered, leaning closer to your face. her hot breath hit against your lips, and in that moment, you couldn't wait any longer.

you supported her with one hand while pressing your other to the back of her neck, pulling her in for a sweet, warm, passionate kiss. "god i've been waiting so long to do that." you chuckle.

"you're not the only one." she whispers again, smiling, before leaning and pressing her lips tightly back against yours.