𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

your head had been pounding all day, but you continued to work through it. you glanced over and smiled at your fiancé a few times. if he knew you didn't feel good, he'd immeadiately tell you to go home.

the two of you had been working hard on a homocide case. you weren't going to let a headache get in the way of that.

at least, that's what you thought. lunch time had rolled around and jared had promised to take you out to your favorite restaurant down the block during your lunch hour.

"hey babe, you ready for lunch?" jared says, walking over from his cubicle to yours. you were still clutching onto your head, the pain only seeming to be getting worse.

"uh- yeah. just give me a second." you tried to look up at smile at your fiancé, but the light was practically blinding and only made the pain worse.

jared knelt down next to you, reaching for one of your hands. "hey, what's wrong?" he asked, concern filling his voice.

"just a headache, that's all." you said again. you tried to stand up, but with the mixture of the strong light and pain in your forehead, you felt your own body go limp and everything go black.

you woke up an hour later in new york general hospital. an iv was hooked up to your arm, and jared was sitting next to you, his head looking down at the floor.

"j-" you began, but he cut you off. "oh thank god, you're awake." you smiled gently.

"what happened?" you asked groggily, your eyes scanning around your hospital room. the headache had gone down, now just a sense of confusion filling your head.

"you passed out at the precinct. drea and i brought you straight here." he says, reaching for and holding your hand once more.

"doctors say it was just a fainting spell. they say it was caused by a intense migraine." jared says.

"intense is an understatement." you laugh. jared chuckles.

drea walks in the door and runs over, "oh thank god you're okay, jared was freaking out the entire way here." she says.

you look at jared and smile, "is this true?" you ask. jared bows down his head and gives a light laugh. "you really had to embarrass me like that, d?"

"what are friends for, vasquez?" she says, laughing along with the two of you.