𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

micheala and zeke had become well-known for their annual parties within your circle of family and friends. tonight was new year's eve, and everyone was gathered around, talking away, drinking glasses of champagne, and patiently waiting for the ball to drop.

"y/n! we're playing a drinking game, wanna join?" olive asks, obviously already a little tipsy herself. "sure, why not?" you reply, hopping over the back of the couch and taking a seat next to her. you looked around at cal, jared, drea, and saanvi who had fallen victim to olive's convincing.

"you first." olive said, passing the deck of cards. it was truth or drink, the usual at these parties. you flipped over the card sitting on the top of the deck to reveal a handful of words.

'what's the weirdest date you've ever been on?' you chuckled at the card, the answer immediately popping in your head. you read the card aloud, the rest of the group eagerly awaiting your response.

"this guy a while back took me to olive garden, and ended up getting sick halfway through the date. he left me there eating by myself and to cover the entire tab." you say. jared lets out a laugh. "damn, tough luck l/n."

"yeah, pretty much. haven't been on a date since." you say, leaning back into the cushions on the couch. "your turn, drea." you say, sliding over the deck.

an hour passed of the entire group answering questions back and forth. you and cal had exchanged glances throughout the entire game. you swore you felt some sort of tension there, but who knows? it could be all in your head.

as the game came to an end, you were a little more drunk that you would've liked to admit to yourself, or anyone for that matter.

"come on, let's go." cal said, patting your thigh and giving you a hand, helping you up. you stumble forward, but he catches you in his arms. you stay in that position, leaning your head against his chest.

"you're so pretty." you say, giggling. you put a hand on his chin and pull it down towards your view. you looked into the boy's brown eyes. a hint of redness fell over his cheeks as he smirked down at you.

"uh, thank you?" he replied, pulling your hand off of his chin and putting it around his waist. "let's get you upstairs all right?"

"what about the ball drop?" you ask, trying to take another step forward, but a wave of vertigo fell over you. "nope, nevermind." you reply, leaning back against cal.

he slowly guides you up the stairs, making sure you don't trip or fall. you'd always been a lightweight, so those shots you'd taken weren't doing you much good.

"you're doing so good, only a few more steps." he reassures you. the migraine was starting to kick in. you just wanted to crawl into bed. preferably with cal next to you.

"there you go. you're all good." cal says, reaching the top of the stairs with you held in his grasp. you lean your body weight against him. he eventually gives up with trying to get you to walk and lifts you up, bridal style.

"making me do this the hard way, huh?" he says. you chuckled as he carried you. you were exhausted.

he set you down in your bed, making sure you were all settled in. "there's some water and tylenol waiting by the bed, alright? i'll see you in the morning." cal said, about to walk out the door.

you grabbed his wrist and pulled him back towards the bed. "stay, please." you plead. you didn't feel good, and frankly didn't feel like being left alone either. cal chuckles and listens. he pulls off his jacket, leaving him in his t-shirt and jeans, and crawls into bed next to you.

"anything else?" he asks, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear softly. "come closer, please." you mumble shyly. you watch a smile widen across his face. he scoots closer to you, wrapping an arm around you and pulling you back against his chest.

"goodnight, y/n." he whispers, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek before putting his head down.

you check your phone for the time before you go to bed. midnight.

"happy new year's, cal." you reply, laying your head down next to his, drifting off to sleep peacefully in this new year.