𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

three years ago to the day. the worst day of your life. it was the night your husband died, your soulmate, your partner, your everything. the night you became a widow, a word you prayed you'd never have to refer to yourself as.

every year, it got easier. life moved on, it had to. you couldn't mourn forever. it wasn't what he'd want. he died a good man, loosing his life to save your nephew, his nephew.

the family held a memorial yearly, just a simple visit to his empty grave. his body was gone by the time you'd rushed home that night, but you knew from his voice over the phone, he was gone.

just because it got easier doesn't mean the pain went away. your heart still ached for your late husband. you were sitting at home, light mascara stains underneath your eyes, flicking through channels on the tv in your apartment. you'd just returned home from the cemetery, a rough night as it was every year for you.

when you finally decided on a channel and started to get snuggled in on your couch, you heard a knock on the door. was it ben? did he forget something earlier? was it olive? did she need something? there weren't many possibilities of who it could've been at that time of night.

you wipe away a bit of the mascara under your eyes in case, and then open the door. your breath caught in your lungs, you heart stuck in your throat. zeke was standing in front of you, smiling brightly.

"how- zeke... what?" you sobbed into your hands, not for long before running into his arms, holding him tighter than you ever had before.

"i missed you so much." he began to tear up as well. you sobbed into his chest, you'd thought about it almost everyday what you'd do if he returned, but none of those daydreams and fantasies could've prepared you for this. you didn't think any of them could possibly come true. he was dead.

"how are you alive?" you ask, pulling away from his chest and looking at him. you couldn't help but grin out of pure joy looking at your husband in front of you. your wedding rings were still present on both your fingers.

"that night... i weakly made it out of the house. i tried to rebuild my life, thinking that yours would be better without me in it. i've realized that i can't live without you. i fought the cancer off, i'm healthy as ever, sober too." your husband said, tears of happiness streaming down his face as he cupped your face with his hands.

you leaned forward quickly and placed a passionate kiss against his lips. it was the miracle you'd always dreamed of.

"don't ever, ever, leave me again." you say, laughing and smiling at him.

"i promise." zeke says, pressing another kiss to your lips, interlocking his pinky with yours at your sides.