𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

you were back on the plane. the ground, the roof, the entire plane was shaking like an earthquake in the sky. the roof felt like it was going to fly out. then came the blood. spewing down from every crack and crevices of the plane.

it brought on a whole new feeling of fear you didn't remember feeling the first time on the flight.

you woke up, shaking, tears falling down your face. you try and lay your head back against the pillow, attempting to shake it off and fall back asleep. the tears wouldn't stop falling though, and soon soft sobs escaped your lips. you covered your mouth with your hand, in attempt not to wake up cal next to you.

your attempt was to no avail, your boyfriend next to you began to stir, rubbing his eyes and rolling over to face you. his expression quickly turned from exhaustion to worry when he saw the tears slipping down your face and the cries escaping from your lips.

his first instinct was to pull you into a hug, holding you tightly against him. you moved your hands from covering your mouth to wrapping around his neck and hugging him tight.

"y/n, what happened? what's wrong?" he mumbles into your hair, pressing soft kisses on your forehead and scalp.

"just a nightmare." you mutter. tears were now drenching the shirt he fell asleep in. it's not like he'd ever care, but regardless.

"well then, let's watch a movie. it'll get your mind off it." cal says. he reaches across to the bedside table, grabbing the remote for the tv in your bedroom. he never removes you from his grasp.

without even deciding on a movie, he puts on your favorite. you wrap yourself tight in his embrace as the opening scene of the titanic flashes across the screen.

soon enough, your breathing was steady and you had calmed down, engrossed in the movie. cal was laying next to you, softly stroking your arm, placing gentle kisses to your shoulder and neck every once in a while.

your eyes begun to feel heavy, about an hour into the movie. before you know it, you had drifted off back to sleep in cal's arms. he reaches back over to the remote, pausing and shutting off the movie, before returning to you.

he lays you down comfortably in his arms, careful not to wake you. he presses a couple soft kisses to your temple, and a light one to your lips, as he whispers "goodnight y/n, i love you."