𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

june 2nd, 2024 was tommorow morning. you were sitting in a makeshift campground with the people you'd grown to call family over the past 5 and a half years.

everyone was sitting around the firepit together, awkwardly pretending that life as you know it could all come shattering down in a matter of hours.

you could only pretend for so long. the fire started to burn out, and everyone started to say their emotional goodbyes. you started crying as drea hugged you goodnight, not able to contain your emotions any longer.

everyone started walking back towards their tents, cal following you back into your shared tent. the tears kept flowing. you weren't ready to die, you weren't ready to leave all of these amazing people you'd grown to love. you couldn't leave cal, the one you were lucky to call the love of your life.

cal took you in his arms, whispering sweet nothings. he rocked you back and forth as you crawled into his lap, laying your head against his back. he pressed soft kisses to your shoulder, a few to your neck.

"it's gonna be okay, alright? i love you, so much." he mumbles. his words only made you sob more. you didn't want to leave him, for him to leave. all you wanted was to live a happy life, with him and the family you'd found through flight 828.

"please don't leave me." you cried, holding onto his arms. he didn't say anything for a moment. you weren't ready for your world to come crashing down.

"if this is our last night, let's make it worth it." he says, turning you around to face him. you placed a few kisses to his lips, your salty tears hitting his cheeks. he pressed you down to the floor of the tent, moving his lips towards your neck and eventually your collarbone.

your tears slowed as he showered you in affection, showing you how much he loved you. you tugged on his hair a bit, pulling his lips back up to your mouth.

he puts a hand behind your head, protecting it from the rough ground and his lips moved against yours. you didn't want this moment to end, you didn't want your life to end, you didn't want the world to end.

suddenly, a thought clicked into cal's head. he pulled away from your lips, staring down at you instead. "i- i know what i have to do." cal says. he pressed one more peck to your lips before sitting up.

"cal, what do you mean? what are you talking about?" you ask confused, fixing up some of your hair.

"i know what i have to do." he repeated. tears filled the bottoms of his eyes. "i'm so sorry." he choked over his words. "i love you, y/n." he says, stepping out and walking out of the tent. you scramble to get up, chasing after him.

"cal! come back! what are you doing?" you said, starting to cry again. he was walking away. "i'm so sorry." he repeated, crying himself.

just like that, he was gone. the death date hadn't even arrived and the love of your life was gone in the blink of an eye.

you fell to the ground, sobbing. you didn't even remember falling asleep out there until ben came and found you that morning, helping you up.

"he's gone, ben."