𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

you knew zeke had suffered with sobriety for years, and you helped him through it. you'd never been much of a drinker yourself, so the two of you took it step by step together.

at parties, when you were offered drinks, both of you denied, not just him. you wanted to be there for him, every step of the way.

that was, until the callings. they got to the point where they were destroying your mental health. feeling like you had to solve every single one, just for a single chance at making it to the other side, to be able to spend the rest of your life with your husband.

that's when the champagne started. it started as a couple sips at night, watching tv. zeke didn't mind, as long as it didn't become a problem.

then, it started to numb the pain. the fear of dealing with the callings. you were drinking five or six a day at that point, hoping you wouldn't feel anything anymore. it was too much.

"y/n, it's time to stop with the champagne. you know how much i love you, and this is why i'm doing this. we're going to a meeting." he said, taking the glass out of your hand. it was your fourth that day, and it was only 11:00 in the morning.

"why? i don't have a problem or anything." you both knew you were lying, he could see it in your eyes. tears began to form.

"come here." he said, opening his arms. you practically jumped into his arms. at that point, you wanted nothing more than to feel the loving touch of your husband. the tears started to fall, staining the shoulder of his t-shirt. "i'm sorry." you mumble.

"it's not your fault, hun. it'll never be your fault." zeke says, pulling his face back to look at you, wiping away stray tears with his thumb. he tucks a piece of your hair behind your hear, placing a soft kiss on your forehead.

"i don't know what to do." you cry. he pulls you back into his arms, rubbing a reassuring arm up and down your back. "we'll figure it out, together. i promise."

his words helped, and you knew that soon you'd get better, with your husband by your side.