𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

jared kicked the door open, revealing almost a dozen little kids playing board games and tag in the room behind.

the kids didn't have a clue what had happened. cops found fake birth certificates, everything you would need to set up a child trafficking ring. the scheme had been going on for what police believed to have been months at that point.

"come on guys, you're okay." you say, leading a group of kids out the door and into the arms of paramedics and new york police department. you were so caught up in all the little kids running out, you didn't even notice the baby sitting in a car seat in the corner.

"y/n! come here." jared calls out, crouching in the corner and rocking the baby carrier back and forth. your heart immeadiately sunk. this poor baby had no idea what could've happened. they still had their whole life ahead of them.

you came over and leaned down, looking into the carrier. a beautiful baby girl. "hi princess." you say with a smile across your face. the baby giggles up at you, only causing your smile to grow wider.

"i think she likes you." jared says, looking up at you. she was a sweet little girl. "uh, who would i have to talk to about fostering her?" you ask, your eyes starting to water. you and zeke had been talking about kids recently, and this might be the perfect opportunity. 828 had it all laid out for you, didn't it?

"there's a case worker outside." jared says, standing up and clapping a hand to your shoulder. you wiped away one of the tears that dripped from your eyes and walked out the door, back into the sunny new york city light.

you walked over to the case worker. she had a clipboard in her hand as she sorted through all the paperwork nessacary for each child. "hi, uh- excuse me?" you said. the lady looked up and smiled at you, setting the pen back down on the clipboard.

"yes? how can i help you?" the woman was older, a few wrinkles along her forehead as well as some
faint smile lines. she seemed to be a fairly friendly woman.

"i was wondering what'd i have to do to foster one of the kids, the baby girl specifically." you said, playing with your hands as you spoke. "sign this paperwork and you're good to take her home today." the woman smiled, handing you a pile of papers.

two hours later, you were walking through the front door with a baby carrier in your arms. "zeke!" you called out, setting the carrier down on the kitchen counter.

"yes?" he turned out the bedroom door and walked towards you, greeting you with a kiss to the lips.

"so, you know how we've been talking about kids recently? i know it's sudden, so right now she's with us as a foster child, but this seemed to be the perfect opportunity." you said grinning, turning him around to face the baby carrier.

he walked over, playing with her and he rocked her back and forth in. "she's beautiful." he says, almost choking on his words a bit. "what's her name?"

"they don't know. all the birth certificates were staged." you reply, walking over next to you and resting a head on his shoulder. the two of you look down on the gorgeous girl in front of your eyes.

"how does chloe sound?" you ask, looking up at him. he looks over at you with a look of shock written across him. he stutters before he finally answers you. "it sounds perfect."

he rests a hand below your chin and lifts it up to his level, pressing a warm kiss to your lips.

the two of you knew the foster title wouldn't last for long, but it was the safest option for now. considering everything that was happening in both of your lives.

"welcome home, darling." zeke says, picking the baby up and holding her in his arms, rocking her softly.