𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐝 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

cal had his arms wrapped around you, the two of you watching yourselves in the mirror. you were awaiting the results of a little pink and white test on the counter. the amount of lines that appear on that test could change the rest of both of your lives.

he was placing soft kisses down your neck, trailing to your collarbone as he whispered things like, "it's all going to be okay." and "i'm happy no matter what." which helped soothe your anxiety a bit more.

the alarm began to beep in the bathroom. it was time to find out if you were going to be a mom, if cal was going to be a dad. the two of you look at each other, taking a deep breath in and out. smell the flowers, blow out the candles, as zeke taught you.

"on three, okay?" you say, holding the test upside down in your hand. cal nods his head, holding one of your hands. "one, two, three..." you whispered together.

there they were. two thin red lines. you were pregnant. tears of happiness immeadiately began to stream down your face, and cal's face broke into a wide smile. "i'm going to be a dad!" cal said, wrapping his arms around you and picking you up into his arms.

you'd always wanted to be a mom. you weren't exactly sure when, or how, or with who, but you knew you wanted it one day. as a kid, you could've never imagined these circumstances, but now you wouldn't change them for anything. you were having a baby, with cal stone, the love of your life.

things couldn't have been more amazing.

"my mom would've been so proud. she always wanted to be a grandma, spoil the hell out of her grandkids." cal says, a bit of sadness in his eyes, but he was happy regardless. everything happened for a reason, in his eyes.

"she would've been so proud of you cal. of us, together. she's looking down right now, i know it." you say, more tears welling in your eyes. you loved grace, she had always considered you part of the family, cared for you like one of her own.

you had a feeling that she wouldn't have picked anyone else for cal to have fallen in love with.

"we're going to be parents." you whisper, kissing his lips quickly. "i can't wait." you say.

"me neither, darling. this baby is in for a hell of a ride." he chuckles, kissing you again.