𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

for context: you grew up as one of olives best friends, being extremely close with her and her family, before the flight disappeared, you'd had some feelings on and off for him since you were kids.

*TIME SKIP TO AFTER GRACE'S DEATH*

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. YOU'RE THE REASON MOMS DEAD." olive screamed at her brother through tears.

"olive stone go to your room!" ben yelled back. his hands were in his hair and he was pacing around the living room. mick and zeke watched in horror.

you had gone over that night to have dinner with everyone, it had been hard to make any plans with them after grace died and cal had to go into hiding. they were like your second family though, so you made it work.

mick and zeke followed olive up the stairs to give her a lecture, leaving you downstairs with cal.

cal fell back against the wall, sliding down, his hands holding his head as he sobbed. he started to hyperventilate.

"why did i ever let angelina in the house?" cal breaks through cries.

you sit down next to him, grabbing one of his hands in yours. "cal, listen to me" you mutter quietly to him. "none of this was your fault, okay? you can't blame yourself."

his breathing starts to slow a bit. "it feel like the whole world is falling apart, y/n, and that i'm accountable for all of it."

"trust me, i love you all the same. nothing would ever change that." you smile at him.

he lifts his head from his hands and smiles gently at you, with some tears still dripping down his cheeks.

"i love you too." he whispers, squeezing your hand gently.

the two of you held eye contact for a few seconds,
before he says.

"yknow i've fought off feelings for you since we were kids?" he says laughing, looking forward towards the kitchen.

you lean against the wall next to him, resting your head on his shoulder.

"funny, because i've done the exact same." you say smiling, looking ahead with him.

his eyes widen a bit as he turns his head towards yours.

"really?" he says hopefully.

"yes really, idiot." you say towards him with a chuckle.

eye contact between the two of you starts again, before you put a hand on his chin and pull him towards you, and his lips meet yours.

"i've been waiting way too long for that." he says laughing, breaking the kiss.

"oh shut up." you say smiling, leaning back towards him.

authors note: sorry for the short chapter but i hope you enjoy it :) !!