𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤 || 𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

"i can't believe we're finally doing this." ben says, smiling and stroking a soft thumb over the back of your hand. you were sitting in central park together, atop of a hill with a beautiful view of the city.

"me too." you said happily. after months of calling and 828 involved occurrences, you and ben were finally able to catch a break to go on the date you asked ben on months ago.

a few months ago, you were helping jared and micheala spy on 828 X's, as the group called them. billy and the rest of his group that night ended up holding you captive, in a room behind the bar. you had guns pointed at you, your wrists bound with zip ties, and threats being made on your life.

as soon as ben caught wind of the situation, he dropped everything and sped over to the bar. after following protocols and the police getting you out safely, ben wrapped you in a hug, kissing your forehead repeatedly.

"thank god you're okay. i don't know what i would've done if something happened to you." ben muttered, letting out a relieved sigh as he held you in his arms. you smiled at his words. you were safe, healthy, and most importantly, you were standing being held in the arms of one of your favorite people.

"ben, can i ask you a question?" you mumbled into his chest. he chuckled softly, "go for it, darling."

"will you go on a date with me?" you asked quickly, not moving your face from his chest. you were too scared of what his reaction would be. soon, you felt a hand under your chin, supporting your head.

he pulled it up to face him and pulled you into a kiss. "yes." he whispered happily, pulling you in once more. it wasn't the most romantic memory in the world, with the mix of flashing red and blue lights, yellow police tape wrapped around the building, and the screaming and shouting coming from both billy and the officers. you didn't care, it was enough for you.

now you were laying in his arms, under the warm new york summer heat. he was whispering sweet nothings to you as the two of you watched the sunset above you. a cotton candy sunset, as you liked to call it. the sky was a beautiful mix of pink and blue hues, with a few white clouds in the array.

"this should've happened a lot sooner." you mumbled, not wanting anything else in the world from what you had now. you'd been crushing on ben stone from practically the day you got off the flight.

"it's happening now, and that's all that matters." ben says, flipping you over from laying on top of him so you're beneath him. he presses sweet kisses to your forehead and jawline, before pressing a passionate kiss to your lips.

"finally." you mumble into the kiss, causing the two of you to smile. all under the setting stars of central park, new york city.