𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 || 𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

thanksgiving was always a stressful holiday with all the cooking and preparation, but it was a holiday everyone was looking forward to after flight 828's return.

you were ben's best friend since the two of you were kids, and went flight 828 went missing, your world shattered. the day the flight returned was one of the best days of your life, but it was also so hard to break the news to ben that his wife had remarried in his absence.

ben moved in with you once he returned, seeing his two kids on the weekends, but you loved living with him.

thanksgiving was tommorow, and everyone was coming to your place to have dinner.

imagine how stressful cooking is when grace is showing you how to cook everything because it wasn't up to her standards, and cal and olive are bickering in the living room, and ben and mick are arguing over the macy's day parade floats. you laughed regardless, you missed life being like this, even the bickering. it was nice to have everyone back together, and you couldn't be happier that flight 828 returned.

as everyone gathered around the table, you asked everyone to say what they're grateful for.

you felt ben's hand reach for yours under the table, his thumb rubbing your hand in his.

"i'm greatful for my job promotion." jared said from the end of the table, reaching for a piece of turkey.

"i'm greatful that my cancer treatment is going well." cal said smiling, digging into a slice of ham.

"i'm greatful flight 828 returned." you say with a grin, turning your head to look at ben.

"i'm greatful for (y/n)" ben says, squeezing your hand under the table.

everyone continues to eat their food, and dinner flies by, everyone enjoying themselves and eachothers company, but you couldn't help but think about what ben said he was greatful for the entire meal.

ben didn't move his hand from yours the entire meal, he kept his hand in yours, squeezing it a little every few minutes.

after the meal, everyone went in the living room to watch tv and just talk to each other, but ben pulled you down the hallway and into the garage while no one was looking.

"why'd you pull me down here?" you ask him with a giggle.

he pulls both of his hands into yours, holding them tight. he looks into your eyes and takes a deep breath.

"(y/n), since today is thanksgiving, i wanted to let you know how greatful i am that you've taken me in, and that we were able to pick up our friendship the same way it was before the flight, but i don't want to just be friends anymore."

you make a weird face and get ready to ask him what he means by that, but your thoughts are cut off when his hands slide down to your waist, his fingers slipping through the belt loops on your jeans. he backs you up against the wall and presses his lips tightly against yours. you bring your hands up to his hair, kissing back and tugging lightly on his hair.

"happy thanksgiving my love." slips out of his lips before he kisses you again.