𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐭 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

you'd grown up with jared by your side since you were kids. the first grade to be exact.

you were on the playground, sitting on a swing and playing with your hands. "hi! i'm jared" a little boy walks over to you smiling. "what's your name?"

"i'm y/n" you said softly to the boy.

"do you want to play on the monkey bars with me?" the little boy asks, holding his hand out for you to grab.

you grab his hand, returning the smile as you hop off of the swing.

from then on, the rest was history.

the two of you were now living in new york, working in the precinct at the new york city police department together as partners. there's always been tension between the two of you, but it's always been pushed to the side.

you were on flight 828, a passenger just wishing to return home from your family vacation. in the time you were gone, jared had gotten married to your best friend lourdes, it hurt when you came back, to see them married. you had always had feelings for him but pretended they weren't there, but then again, you were happy if he was happy.

*time skip to the present*

    as you walked into the precint after being gone for over half a decade, you saw your best friend of just over 20 years turn to you. his mouth immediately fell open in shock.

"hi, jay." you say quietly with a smile, your arms slightly open to embrace a hug.

immediately, jared runs over, embracing you in the tightest hug you've ever gotten from him in the time you've known him.

"jesus." he says, picking up his head, looking at you in amazement. "here i am" you say with a slight laugh, smiling back at him.

he chuckles at your joke, and your day moves on with your new job back at the precinct.

*time skip*

a few weeks go by, and it's a late night at the precinct in december. you turn a corner to make yourself a cup of coffee to keep you awake for your late shift tonight.

that's when you see jared, close to passed out sitting at his desk. "jay? what the hell are you doing here? you're supposed to be working day shifts so you can be home with lourdes at night." you ask, confused.

jared pops his head awake so he doesn't fall back asleep. "huh? what time is it?" he asks with a yawn. "almost midnight" you reply, chuckling.

jared let's out an exhausted sigh, as he logs back into his computer to get more work done. "aren't you going home?" you ask with a puzzled expression.

"no." he says quickly. "what's going on jay? i've known you too long for you to think you can lie like this." you say.

"y/n... i cant go home anymore. i spent 5 1/2 years regretting the fact that i didn't tell you i had feelings for you before you got on that damn flight. i can't go home and see lourdes when i know my chance came back. my chance is standing right in front of me." jared says slowly and quietly.

your mouth drops open slightly, as you try to hold together your shock. you had always felt the same way but if you were rejected, it would never be worth loosing your friendship over.

you step over slowly, and place a hand on his shoulder. he has his head in his hands on the desk. you pull a chair over and just lie your head on his shoulder. you both stay that way for what feels like forever.

"j-" you whisper. "i feel the same way." your breath softens against his neck. he smelt like fresh coffee and cologne.

he removes his heads from his hands, but still doesn't look back up at you. his hand slides up your leg and to your thigh. before you know it, he turns and his lips are pressed tightly against yours.

even sooner, you're up against the precinct wall, your hands scrambling through his hair as his lips are desperate for yours. you couldn't believe this was finally happening, after all the years of fantazing of "what could've been".

authors note: i'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!! i never thought that would happen :)) thank you for the lovley support on my writing, it means more than you know.