𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

how is any of this fair? out of billions of people in the world, the phenomenon of flight 828 chose you. it decided you should be the one to follow these damn callings day after day.

they clearly chose wrong. you were sitting on the floor of your kitchen, drinking a glass of wine as tears streamed down your face. two callings now. two callings that you had failed to figure out.

there was no manual to any of this. how on earth were you supposed to solve a mere second of flashes of images that come through your head? you were no eagan, the passenger notorious for his photographic memory. you were lucky if you were even able to remember the images you saw.

you were ready to smash your head into a wall due to the migraines the callings always tend to give you. you were close to it until your fiancé walked in.

"hey, honey? are you in here?" zeke yelled, checking the bedroom and then the living room, before hearing soft cries coming from the corner of your kitchen.

"honey-" he says, stopping himself when he sees you on the floor. he lets out a sigh. not a sigh of disappointment but more a sigh of worry. he knew how much you let these sorts of things get to you.

he slid down next to you, taking the wine glass out of your hand and pulling you against his side.
you reached back for it, and then attempted to grab the bottle, but were stopped both times.

"i think you've had enough tonight." zeke chuckles. you lean into him, smelling the cologne on his shirt.

he'd gotten lucky enough to make it past his death date. he'd survived, coming back with a power some people only dreamed of having. but, what if you weren't so lucky? what if you and the 191 other passengers had already sunk your lifeboat?

you looked at the engagement ring sitting on your finger as zeke pressed kisses to the top of your head. you wanted to make it to your wedding, get to be his wife. you weren't ready to go. not yet. you still had your whole life ahead of you.

"zeke, what if- what if i don't make it to our wedding?" you choked back a sob. the thought itself killed you inside.

zeke tilted his head back and let out a sigh. it was the last thing he had wanted to think about, but the two of you were bound to talk about it at one point or another.

"that's not gonna happen, alright?" he said.

"how can you be sure of that?" you cried into his shoulder as he held an arm around your waist. "i'm not, but i'm not going on if you're not by my side, alright?"

you didn't know what it meant in that moment, and you didn't want to know what he had meant now.

you still remember the words he said that night. "we'll make it to the other side, alright? together."

and here you were, standing next to the man who got you through it all, on june 2nd, 2024, or back in april 7th, 2013.

on the other side.