𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 || 𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"that's too much salt!" you say laughing, watching your boyfriend practically dump salt into the pot you were making to bring for mick and zeke's anniversary dinner.

"i'm sure it'll be fine." cal said, waving you off. when he grabbed a spoon to taste a bit, his face went sour. "yeah... it's totally fine." he replied sarcastically.

you tried a bite yourself. it wasn't long until you were spitting it up into a paper towel. "how about a batch of cookies instead? there's the pack of dough in the fridge that ben bought." you say, giggling as you pulled out the pack.

the two of you danced around to different songs, putting the cookies in the oven. the smell of warm chocolate filled up the kitchen, only making everything more romantic.

cal spun you around, pulling you into his arms a few times and pressing a kiss to your forehead. he loved to dance, the two of you had been doing it together since you were kids.

for your fourth grade talent show, the two of you showed up with your own rendition of a dance to "thinking out loud" by ed sheeran. it was one of grace's favorite songs at the time and she encouraged the two of you to do it together.

needless to say, the stone family had all been rooting for the two of you to fall for eachother since childhood. you two always had that hint of feelings for each other, but you were just kids. both of you had plans to do something about it later on. in the meantime, you wanted to enjoy your childhood.

that was taken away from both of you when you went on vacation with them to jamaica, coming back 5 and a half years instead. both you and cal only had each other to understand the callings. you were the only ones who understood each other in general, being the youngest on the plane.

years later, you two were standing in the kitchen of your brand new home. you were dancing your hearts out and laughing like there wasn't a care in the world.

both of you knew deep down you didn't have forever.

as the song faded out, cal began coughing. you held one of his arms out to prevent him from falling. he'd been working on his strength, but he'd only been growing weaker. only a few weeks ago had you found out his cancer was back.

"cal-" he cut you off, putting a hand in front of your face. "i'm fine, don't worry about me." he says, holding himself up with a hand on the kitchen counter.

"i'm always going to worry about you." you replied, pulling him against you. you'd worried about him your entire childhood, it never stops.

he puts a hand under your chin and pulls you lips against you sweetly. "as long as you're here, i'm okay, alright?" he said. the words alone caused a smile to break out across your face.

you'd loved him for years, hearing those words out of his mouth made the remaining part of your childhood heart light up.

"alright." you replied, leaning your head against his chest.

you two may haven't had all the time in the world, but the time you had left was the most important. both of you knew you were going to make the most of it, no matter what happened.

"i love you, y/n." he mumbled, pressing a kiss to the top of your head as the timer for the cookies went off.