𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐩, 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐩 || 𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐳

authors note: enjoy the longer chapter !! you and jared are already a couple, this is just some fluff for you guys to enjoy :))

cal was in hospice. the cancer had come back, stronger than ever. the entire family was horrified. you, zeke, jared, ben, and cal were in the living room, cleaning up after zeke and micheala's anniversary dinner.

"j, can you hand me the plate?" you ask, trying to still focus on the conversation happening between ben and cal in the living room. he passes it over to you, trying to do the same.

"please, i need to see marko!" cal begged. "i'm not exposing you to the bacteria at that facility, and you're in hospice. there's no way." ben said.

"then you go! this could be how we save the lifeboat." cal says in return. "i'm not leaving you." ben replies again to his son.

"we'll go." you, zeke, and jared, standing against the kitchen island, agreed together. "you need to bring marko here then, i need to talk to him!" cal states desperately.

"buddy, they don't let strangers take passengers out on field trips!" ben said to his son. "we'll give it a shot." zeke says with his famous smile.

"thank you guys." cal said, reaching out for your hand and squeezing it. you smiled at him, and then turned to toss the keys to zeke.

"nice catch." jared says to him, before opening the door and walking to the car.

as the three of you walk into the front door of the care facility, you get ready to pull out your badge. you and jared share a look, knowing you're going to need to use them to your advantage.

"hi, we're here to bring marko valeriev home, it's important." zeke says to the receiptionist.

"i can't allow unauthorized access to an 828 patient. the registry is very strict on that." the receiptionist replies, looking back down and typing on her computer.

"well listen, this is an emergency." zeke says. "then why hasn't anyone notified me?" the receiptionist asks. she didn't look like she was in the mood to put up with anyone's bullshit today.

"okay, consider this a notification." jared says, pulling his badge up into her view. you follow his action, pulling yours up into view as well.

"marko valeriev is a person of intrest in a developing case." you say to the woman. "no, that makes no sense. the man's been comatose for years." she says.

"i'm sure that you're aware that obstructing a law enforcement officer is an arrestable offense." jared replies. you attempt to hide the smirk that's making it's way onto your face. the two of you were never this kind of cop, it was fun to do this every once in a while.

"come on vasquez, she's just trying to do her job." zeke says, adding on to the two of your acts.

"mmm, i suggest she does her job better. since i've been standing here, i've noticed a code violation or two." he says, looking around the room, different families and visitors in the lobby.

"hopefully nothing that would endanger patients." zeke adds. "he's a real stickler for the rules." you say, placing your head in your hands as you rest your elbows on the counter.

"we'll have him back before daybreak, what do you say?" you ask the woman. "i don't know." she replies hesitantly.

"okay look, if you have a problem, you go ahead and call the registry yourself. either you or marko are coming down to the station with me tonight." jared says to the receiptionist. you'd been a detective for the registry for about 6 months now, and jared was in the process of being moved over as a new detective.