𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 || 𝐳𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

december has been settling in. the smell of peppermint and hot coco filling the air. it's been almost 10 months since you and your best friend, ben, found zeke in the cabin upstate. zeke's been in recovery for his addiction, and you've been living your life. zeke was just a friend, a roommate, nothing more.

this upcoming weekend, jared and micheala planned a christmas couple's getaway, and you could never say no to mick. you reluctantly told her yes. except, she didn't know that you didn't have a date.

you were sitting at the kitchen table on thursday morning, scrolling through tinder quickly, swiping left on almost every guy that came up.

zeke walked out of his room, heading towards the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee.

"morning." zeke says in a tired tone.

"morning." you say, growing more frustrated by the second.

zeke rests his hands against the counter as his coffee brews, watching you closely.

"so... why are you aggressively swiping left on a bunch of guys on tinder at, what is it, 7' o clock in the morning?" zeke says with a grin, glancing at the clock on the counter as he spoke.

"because!" you say, frustrated. "mick invited me to this couples getaway for christmas this weekend and i couldn't say no to her, but she doesn't know that i don't have a date! so now, i have two days to find a stupid date." you say quickly.

"what about me? i'll be your date." zeke offers as he turns to grab his coffee.

you choke on a sip of your iced coffee.

"seriously? you would want to be my date to a couples getaway?" you say laughing.

"sure, why not?" zeke asks, confused by your reaction.

"this is insane." you say, laughing as you head to the kitchen to start making breakfast.

"well, do you have any other ideas?" zeke says leaning against the counter, arms crossed against his chest.

"no." you grumble.

"you could've tried being honest." zeke says chuckling.

you turn towards him and give him a deathly glare. zeke throws his hands up in self defense. "i'm just saying."

"you know i've never dated anyone right? i have no idea how we're even supposed to act." you say, spreading avacado spread across your toast.

zeke walks behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"like this." he whispers in your ear, his warm breath traveling down your neck. your entire body tensed at his touch.

"it's one weekend." he whispers again, you can feel his lips grazing over your neck.

you turn around quickly, making it clear you're trying to get to the sink.

"fine! you can be my date!" you yell out.

zeke smirks as he rests against the counter next to the sink.

"i have to get to work." you grumble.

the work day went by, and you thought all day about the descion you had made that morning in the kitchen.