𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐦 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

authors note: eagen was highly requested so i hope you enjoy :) i based the chapter slightly off of 3 am by matchbox twenty! feel free to listen as you read :) enjoy!

before flight 828, you had a fairly good life. you had a good job, a great family, and a great boyfriend, eagen. you couldn't have asked for anything better.

that was when one day, you received the phone call while out at a dinner with your friends, that eagen's flight was missing. you were close to breaking down at the table.

you went and sat in the bathroom and cried and cried. your friends drove your straight to the airport after dinner, seeing what was happening.

all the flight attendants could tell you were that the plane had lost contact with the airport and that they had run off course in the sky.

all you could do was sit there and cry, and hope. all you could do was look to the future to the possibility that everything will turn out well.

*time skip: five years later*

it was a sunday night, and you were sitting in your living room and with your roomate, marlene, watching the news. it was all the usual stuff, but then a breaking news broadcast came through.

"we've just received news that flight 828, the missing montego flight, has just made touchdown at JFK after 5 and 1/2 years. all passangers on board are safe."

you froze. marlene turned and looked at you, her face is complete disbelief. after five years, you never dated anyone else, holding onto the hope that maybe one day the flight would return.

you rushed out the door, marlene getting the car started. you had no idea how to react, it was everything you've been waiting to happen for the last 5 years.

when you arrived at the airport, you saw all the other passangers that have been all over the news the last 5 years, but eagen? he was no where to be found.

you went over and asked a flight clerk if she knew where you could find him.

"i can check the system for you. one second." she says, her nails clacking against the keyboard.

you were standing there anxiously, marlene waiting in the car.

"oh, i'm sorry ma'am, it says he's accounted as getting off the flight, but there's a note saying he took off immeadiately. is there anything else i can help you with today?" she asked.

tears swelled in your eyes, but you tried your best to blink them back.

"no thank you, have a great rest of your day."

you walked back to the car crying as you saw all these other families reunited, but eagen was already gone.

*1 year later*

the last year of your life had been one of the most difficult, knowing that eagen was back but was in hiding and wanted nothing to do with you. it was tearing you up inside, all you wanted was to see him again, hug him again, hear him tell you how much he loves you all over again.

after work one night, you decided to head out to your favorite restraunt for a late night dinner.

you sat down at the bar seating and order a drink when you hear a familiar song playing overhead, and memories flash through your head like wildfire.

"She says it's cold outside and she hands me my raincoat
She's always worried about things like that"

memories of you and eagen singing that song in the car late at night driving around and talking come flooding through your head.

you feel someone's hand on your leg, as more lyrics play.

before you can turn, someone whispers in your ear:

"And she says baby
It's three a.m. I must be lonely"

you turn your head and there he is, the man you've spent the better half of the last year looking for.

"holy hell- eagen oh my god." you say, tears forming as your throw your arms around his neck.

his hands wrap around your waist as he pulls you in for a deep hug, leaving a kiss on your forehead.

"i missed you." he says quietly.

"where have you been the last year?" you say through happy tears.

"828 screwed me up, darling. i didn't want you to see me like that." he says holding your face with his hands.

"please don't leave me again." you whisper before leaning in to kiss him.