𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨 || 𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐢

you looked down at your phone as you hit send. within seconds, there was a grey bubble with three dots on your screen.

your heart dropped in your stomach. it'd been months since the two of you had last spoken. this entire time, you wanted to blame him. yell at him, scream at him, act like it was all his fault. except the truth was, it wasn't. you were the one who had decided to walk out that night.

he didn't make the effort to fight for you to come back. you wouldn't have either. the things you said that night were things you'd regret everyday for the rest of your life.

the grey dots turned into a series of letters on your phone.

"what's up y/l/n?"

he responded. he actually responded. what were you supposed to say? you hadn't thought this out in the slightest. coffee? that was the first thought that came to mind. the two of you used to go out for coffee's all the time.

you started to type back, nervousness filling your body.

"coffee at dahlia's at 12?"

sent. you couldn't believe you actually sent it, after all this time. you might actually be seeing him again.

the grey dots appeared back on the screen, a message appearing quickly.

"see you there."

you panicked, rushing to change and put yourself together. within what felt like minutes, it was 11:50 and you were rushing out the door.

eagan had always showed up late, no matter where he went. it wasn't shocking. you ordered both of your usuals. they were impossible to forget with the amount of times the two of you had been here.

the amount of memories these simple chairs alone for the two of you were enough to supply you for a lifetime.

you looked down, playing with your hands in your lap when you hear the scraping of the metal chair against the concrete, causing you to shoot your head up, looking at the man you'd fallen in love with all those months ago.

he looked the same. of course he did. without saying anything, he picked up his coffee and took a sip. he turned his head, looking out on the busy city streets.

"uh, hey. how've you been doing?" you asked, your best attempt at starting a conversation. it wasn't easy, especially due to the circumstances of when you last saw him.

he turned to look at you and scoffed. "can you just tell me why you asked to meet me here, make it easy for both of us?"

you sighed, trying to figure out where to start. an apology was the easiest. "i'm sorry." you sputter out. he lets you talk. "i'm sorry for storming out. i should've fought for- for us. for our relationship. i love you, i always have. it's my fault things ended the way they did." you say, tears beginning to form in your eyes.

inside, it broke him seeing you upset. to this day, the last thing he would want to see is you upset, hurt, emotional. he dropped his head down, deciding what his next move should be.

"you're not totally to blame. i should've never accused you of working for the government. you wouldn't do that, you wouldn't betray the passengers." he loved you, it was killing him inside not to say it. it wasn't right to say it, not yet. neither of you really knew where this conversation could lead.

"i should've reached out sooner. i regret everyday leaving that night." you say, taking a sip of your drink. he looked up, staring at your beautiful eyes he loved so much. the corners of his lips turned up just by the idea of you missing him.

"i should've never let you walk out. i'm sorry i did." he says, adding an extra packet of stevia to his coffee. "where do we go from here? do we go back to strangers, or would you want to try something again?" you mutter quickly, wanting this part of the conversation to be over and done with.

"we could uh- we could try something again." he says, reaching a hand across the table. you take it and he squeezes gently. he was never big on physical touch. well, not until he met you. now everyday since you left, he missed it all.

he missed holding hands, the sweet kisses, when you would play with his hair, hugs from behind, every single bit. no matter how much he had claimed to hate it at the time.

you smiled, "i'd like that." you replied. he put a tip down on the table, tucking part of the bill under the napkin dispenser.

the two of you began to walk around the crowded streets you'd fallen in love with eachother in, talking about everything you'd missed in eachothers lives the last few months.

god, you'd missed this more than you'd ever be able to put into words.

what you didn't know was that he was thinking the exact same thing.